Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MMinvestmentCars Portland OR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMinvestmentCars Portland OR

I would like to get your guys' opinion on MMinvestmentCars in Portland. They are the only place in Oregon to show up on craigslist that has any evos at all and they have 2 of them. I just want to know if they are to be trusted if i decide to make the plunge.

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2014, 09:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
never heard of them. doubt they know sh*t about evos, and even if they did, i wouldn't expect any reseller to give you a truthful story. take someone who knows evos.

Last edited by mrfred; Sep 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
^ agreed. never heard of them
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've heard of them, not really a fan since they're asking outrageous prices for their evos. I asked them about one of their evos that had 156k miles on it asking if they would lower the price since kbb is 5k less than what they're asking. And the guy just gave me some smart *** remark that they paid more for the car then their asking and that he wasn't taking a vacation if he sold the car.

Another evo dealer that I'd stay away from is Silverline. They're actually pretty friendly if you go to their dealership, but the guy I talked to when I was there didn't know much about evos. They're also know for buying auctioned evos and repairing them and then selling them.

Sometimes feels like there's a lot of Portland people that post on evom lol.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by vr4gasmtt
I've heard of them, not really a fan since they're asking outrageous prices for their evos. I asked them about one of their evos that had 156k miles on it asking if they would lower the price since kbb is 5k less than what they're asking. And the guy just gave me some smart *** remark that they paid more for the car then their asking and that he wasn't taking a vacation if he sold the car.

Another evo dealer that I'd stay away from is Silverline. They're actually pretty friendly if you go to their dealership, but the guy I talked to when I was there didn't know much about evos. They're also know for buying auctioned evos and repairing them and then selling them.

Sometimes feels like there's a lot of Portland people that post on evom lol.
Thanks for the info. I was going to try and test drive both the evo viii and ix they have there and if i did want to buy i was going to try and get it down from their 23k to 18, i don't want to have to pay for the last owners problems. Ether that or ill just go with my original plan and buy the shell and build it my self so i don't have to worry about car payments, will know everything that goes into it and will probably save 10k in the process.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 04:26 AM

Don't trust, verify. Bring the car to an independent shop and have them check the car out for $100. It's the best $100 you could spend.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by OkinawaFD3S
Don't trust, verify. Bring the car to an independent shop and have them check the car out for $100. It's the best $100 you could spend.
This.