Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

tuner needed!

Old May 12, 2015, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tuner needed!

hi i want a good reputable e-mail tuner...

my previous tuner has stopped responding to me because during getting my car tuned it suffered a broken timing belt which messed everything up and i had to rebuild everything and save money to get it to run again and after 6 months to my dismay the turbo blew and again the car was parked for 3 months and i guess that caused my tuner to get fed up and stop responding which i can understand, even though i told him i'd give him full payment again.

now my car is back in action, and i want a tuner who can start tuning it immedietly from today or this week hopefully, so if anyone is a good reputable tuner plz leave your email adress here or email me at babazehri8@hotmail.com

thankyou,
Old May 12, 2015, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Tscomp!
Old May 12, 2015, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

I know a good local tuner that does remote tuning, Hal from dynosty. Does some killer work from what I've seen and been told.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Tscomptuned will set you right. he does tunes for many members here.
Old May 12, 2015, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Bhsj13
Tscomptuned will set you right. he does tunes for many members here.
Everyone seems to have good results with TScomp. I didn't, he never finished my tune....

There are many reputable remote tuners. Just look around the forums.
Old May 13, 2015, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where are you located
Old May 13, 2015, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
Everyone seems to have good results with TScomp. I didn't, he never finished my tune....

There are many reputable remote tuners. Just look around the forums.
They just saying, they have no personal experience .
Old May 13, 2015, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
http://www.jestrtuning.com/

JESTR dyno tuned my old Evo VIII and still does email tuning even though he's at Titan now. He' s been tuning for years and has a cool computer background. If I ever get around to modding my IX I'd go back to him he was quick.
Old May 13, 2015, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
i spent the money with tom...
Waited 2 months.... no reply

posted something on the forum saying... im done.
Got first map a day after that.

looked at my logs, told me i needed $1200 in parts cause my fuel system was "SH*$"

Asked for my money back.... He told me thats not how it worked... we were in the middle of a tune.
Told him to keep the money if thats how it worked...
Havent looked back.

me and a local guy tuned the car... and then i got English to fine tune it.

car runs perfect... and no, i didnt have to buy $1200 worth of parts
Old May 13, 2015, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
english racing!
Old May 13, 2015, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE: my old tuner is in contact with me now and he will complete my tune, thanks for all the people who replied.
Old May 14, 2015, 09:52 AM

TScomptune tom is a joke. He takes your money, you don't hear from the guy for 3 months. Then when he finally decides to get off his butt and start tuning. His excuse is "I'm only one guy I work 7am to 2am the next day" well tom, don't take the work load if you can't handle your customers. However he is perfectly ok with taking your money, and not being able to provide you with excellent customer service and turn around time. Then after you have spent your money with him, only to find out there is a 3 month waiting list, and when you want a refund Tom denies them? Got to make the GTR payments some way I guess. Must be nice to collect 100% of those tune payments, but only have to tune 70% of them, cause the other 30% get fed up with Tom's BS. Also as soon as there is 1 issue. It's 100% not his tune, because he is the God of tuning. He blamed the fuel pump, the fuel injectors, he couldn't tune 1450 1800 injectors correctly. He wasted weeks of our time swapping parts from know good 700hp+ evos. Come to find out when we loaded a different non - tom tune, the car ran fine. After telling him this he stilled denied it was his tune. He is extremely short/nasty tempered, multiple emails where he claims "your car is f'ed" Told us to "F-off" cause he didnt like us loading other tunes on the vehicle, or opening his up to HELP find the issue. He kept claiming "it's not my tune" and over a year later he still hasn't finished!!!!!!!!! Since he has spent so much time on it he will ask you for more money to finish. It's not my fault you can't tune properly. After the first few months of tuning, not going well he declines a refund "cause that's not how the game works" no tom that's just not how your game works. No other company treats their clients/customers like trash, bashes their customers cars that have quality parts and quality work placed into them. Tom sent numerous Emails, Attacking the car, the parts, the engine build, all because he did not perform/sell them. Tom claims the Curt Brown Racing engines, are NAPA rebuilt grade engines. He started blaming Curts Work and calling it Trash as well.

I have the emails to substantiate all these FACTS.

100% stay away from tom.
Also why are toms VD dynos always a smoothing of 6 plus? Hmmmm.

I've tuned with Mellon, Jestr, boosted tuning on west coast (jay) and TScomptune

I've had the best luck with jay@boosted. His tunes are very precise, turn around time is excellent as well! I'll go with Jay every time now.

Last edited by Pitside; May 15, 2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old May 14, 2015, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

good to know. ill be shopping for one soon.
Old May 14, 2015, 04:36 PM

So glad I come across this! I was about to spend money with Tscomp. I will start looking elsewhere...
Old May 15, 2015, 08:49 PM
szk

Tom tscomptuned literally just spent like 3+ hours with me fine tuning the evo 9 and its almost midnight on a FRIDAY!

Have your sh*t together and don't have any second guesses about working with Tom. You will have great results, just like I did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tuner needed!