Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buying from a dealership

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
that's more common than one would think. there is a definite divide between VIII/IX owners and X owners. they are very different cars that seem to appeal to very different people. it seems you are either an VIII/IX person or a X person, wholeheartedly.

!
yeah i thought i was an x person..but looks like Im not i guess
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i would pass, they are right, car is definitely on in the pics.
be careful with dealerships. they will say ANYTHING to get u in the door. then say "your already here, do you want to go home empty handed?"
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sujinX
i would pass, they are right, car is definitely on in the pics.
be careful with dealerships. they will say ANYTHING to get u in the door. then say "your already here, do you want to go home empty handed?"
yeah i skipped the black one. I put another link up of a silver one that looks really clean though. I know dealerships would do that, but i will walk away empty handed no matter how far away it is
Old Aug 13, 2015, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
any car without the rear badge I would stay away from, it could mean its been smacked from behind
Old Aug 13, 2015, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jonno99
any car without the rear badge I would stay away from, it could mean its been smacked from behind
a lot of people debadge their cars..i debadged my X and its never been into an accident so..
Old Aug 13, 2015, 03:50 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
a quick peak at the rear frame extensions will reveal if it has. it's pretty much impossible to make them look factory.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working at a dealership myself I can agree, they will do anything to convince you to not leave the dealership without the desired vehicle, tbh, the reason those vehicles are traded into a dealership is because someone that knew their crap off the streets decided to avoid it, we get a lot of sti's in my dealership (nissan) and i work for used cars, nothing but trashed cars people abused them, wrecked them and they or we do minor body work to it. if its too bad we just whole sale or auction off.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Text me bro 973-474-8806. I'm not too far from there and probably go check her out for you tomorrow. I'll even do a test drive if they let me. I can send you my contact info so they don't think I'm just trying to go for a joyride.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lombardi23
Working at a dealership myself I can agree, they will do anything to convince you to not leave the dealership without the desired vehicle, tbh, the reason those vehicles are traded into a dealership is because someone that knew their crap off the streets decided to avoid it, we get a lot of sti's in my dealership (nissan) and i work for used cars, nothing but trashed cars people abused them, wrecked them and they or we do minor body work to it. if its too bad we just whole sale or auction off.
yeah that's what sucks about going through a dealership, I don't wanna get stuck with a ****ty *** one especially seeing how much dealerships up the price. I offered 24k for that silver one and they said no..i even thought 24k would be kind of high for that car. so the search continues.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoTillIDie
Text me bro 973-474-8806. I'm not too far from there and probably go check her out for you tomorrow. I'll even do a test drive if they let me. I can send you my contact info so they don't think I'm just trying to go for a joyride.
hey thanks man, but I'm not looking at either of the two I posted anymore..both seemed to not work out unfortunately :/ but hey bro thanks for the offer it means a lot!!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Honestly, you should not even consider buying a car you have not seen/driven in person unless you use one of those car buying services that send someone out to inspect the car for you. They even measure the paint thickness on all panels to check if a panel has ever been repainted.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 03:31 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by elkazX
yeah that's what sucks about going through a dealership, I don't wanna get stuck with a ****ty *** one especially seeing how much dealerships up the price. I offered 24k for that silver one and they said no..i even thought 24k would be kind of high for that car. so the search continues.

these dealers think the cars are made of gold. when i found mine, it had an obvious repaint on the driver's front, a burned out clutch, and water spots on the driver side. they didn't even wash the thing after auction (still had the marking on the window even). the car is an 06 MR and had 115k on the odometer, i think. they wanted $21k!!!
unfortunately, they knew how bad i wanted the car (thanks to a friend with loose lips) and i couldn't talk then lower than $17k.
normally i would have moved on and found another, but it was really hard to find one in white. so i took it.
i really don't mind, though. it's perfect.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nemsin
Honestly, you should not even consider buying a car you have not seen/driven in person unless you use one of those car buying services that send someone out to inspect the car for you. They even measure the paint thickness on all panels to check if a panel has ever been repainted.
I didn't even know someone offered a business like that. that's genius, what people do for money these days haha but I might do something like that, or see if I can get a fellow evo owner that's local that can go out and do it for me. I mean I would consider buying it but I would go and drive it and test everything, and like I said earlier I am not scared to walk away!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
theres a member just posted in general, asking to price his evo 9, why not have a look at that
Old Aug 14, 2015, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

theres a member just posted in general, asking to price his evo 9, why not have a look at that
I saw that, but almost no one wants to trade an 9 for an X unfortunately guess ill ask him anyway

Quick Reply: Buying from a dealership