Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thinking about getting an EVO 9

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
LOL I'm not saying any of that. I'm saying there are no age requirements for buying cars. Also, my son shot his first gun at 15. He did just fine.
would you give him his own gun tho? trying something and owning something. two separate things. I know there is no age requirement to owning any car. it's just a horrible decision at that age, financially if he managed to get enough for an evo it won't be in good condition. unless he's got Justin bieber money.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 06:34 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
You're comparing owning a gun to a car.
I can't make a reasonable argument with that comparison LOL

And you seem to know way more about OP than I do, so I'm definitely out of this conversation.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
i think anything that helps hand-eye coordination and awareness is helpful. ATVs, bikes, gokarts, etc.
my son plays video games all day so has absolutely no experience in how vehicles handle nor what to look for defensively.

his first car will be about $1000-1500. we'll learn to work on it together and he'll crash it, sooner or later. i'm okay with that.
once he gets a job, i'll split the cost of his next car.

he's not getting an Evo, even if i could afford it LOL.
Kaj, I sent you a pm.
Please respond whenever you can! I really need help with something!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
I think alot of people will tell you its a bad idea, and in most cases I would agree. Your teenage years are the most likely time in your life that you will die in a car accident. How much the evo plays into that is really up to you. Its a very safe car in terms of accident avoidance, but once you are crashing its not exactly known for its safety ratings. You should have your mom get a quote for what it will cost to add you as a primary driver on an evo to see what I'm talking about.

I do believe there are certainly cases when a teenager is responsible enough to not kill themselves in a fast car, but you will be fighting against a lack of experience. You need experience to know if what you are doing is safe, or if it is endangering your life, and the lives of others. I would liken it to owning firearms.
Hey biggie, would you mind if I could send you a pm about a evo x I'm looking at!

ALSO If anyone else could help me it out it would be very appreciated!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:27 AM

Evos are great cars evo 9's are my favorite. I would focus on school