Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Battery Not Charging - Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Battery Not Charging - Evo 6

The battery is not charging on my Evo 6 ( Similar to Evo 8 I guess ). Was driving around one day and lights got weaker and car started sputtering until it died. drove it home with a spare battery. Also noticed that the battery light in the dash gauge never comes on. All other lights come on and go off as they should.

Here is what Ive done so far.
- pulled out alternator and replaced with a new mitsubishi unit
- tested old alternator at an auto electric store and they confirmed it works perfect.
- Installed brand new battery.
- checked all fuses and fusible links. All fuses are OK. All 3 fusible links are OK. Cleaned fusible link terminals and reinstalled.
- Replaced battery bulb in instrument cluster, but light still does not come on at all.

Still no charging, new battery shows 12 volt. drops to about 11 volts with engine running. its 11 volts at the battery and at the alternator terminal.

any help appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by overdrive1
The battery is not charging on my Evo 6 ( Similar to Evo 8 I guess ). Was driving around one day and lights got weaker and car started sputtering until it died. drove it home with a spare battery. Also noticed that the battery light in the dash gauge never comes on. All other lights come on and go off as they should.

Here is what Ive done so far.
- pulled out alternator and replaced with a new mitsubishi unit
- tested old alternator at an auto electric store and they confirmed it works perfect.
- Installed brand new battery.
- checked all fuses and fusible links. All fuses are OK. All 3 fusible links are OK. Cleaned fusible link terminals and reinstalled.
- Replaced battery bulb in instrument cluster, but light still does not come on at all.

Still no charging, new battery shows 12 volt. drops to about 11 volts with engine running. its 11 volts at the battery and at the alternator terminal.

any help appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
My Evo 8 is having the same issue and I can't tell why and no one seems to know anything
Old Jun 1, 2022, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you happen to find the solution?