Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AEM UEGO logging help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AEM UEGO logging help!

hi, i want to connect the aem uego to log in evoscan.

i have done what i was told to do but its still not working.

so basically this is what i followed.

You put the blue wire from the back of the AEM UEGO gauge to the #2 on the db9 connector. You then plug in the db9 connector to your serial to usb adapter. Put the usb in the laptop. Test with evoscan. You will have to click on the wideband button at the top right of evoscan to set up for AEM UEGO. Verify if it's reading in Evoscan.

i did this but still its not working, so what am i doing wrong? i selected the aem uego option in the wide band menu at the top of evoscan, it has three options i selected the first one. the i selected the WBo2 in the data log menu below and started data logging, everything else is working like timing,rpm,throttle position except wbo2.

so what should i be doing now.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
First thing you need to do is confirm that the wideband is sending data. Depending on opeating system (OS) you can use several programs for that. What OS? Also AFAIR it should be 2 wires, blue and black (ground) that need to be connected but I honestly hooked mine up nearly 10 years ago....
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codgi
First thing you need to do is confirm that the wideband is sending data. Depending on opeating system (OS) you can use several programs for that. What OS? Also AFAIR it should be 2 wires, blue and black (ground) that need to be connected but I honestly hooked mine up nearly 10 years ago....
my OS is the windows 7.

yes there is a blue wire and a white one, i havent grounded the white wire because it wasnt mentioned in the instructions, i will try again with the wire grounded.

but im confused about com ports, what are those and when i go into wideband in the evoscan and select wideband serial comport nothing happens.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The blue wire goes to pin 2 and you add a ground to pin 5. Then go to your device manager and see what com port was assigned to it and that's what you select in EvoScan. You can also wire the white wire to the rear o2 signal on the ecu and you could log trough Tactrix/open port cable.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
^^ what he said. You should test it first using hyper terminal. If it doesn't work with hyper terminal then it won't work with EvoScan. You can search around online for hyper terminal since it doesn't come with Win 7 anymore.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by erbarrientos
The blue wire goes to pin 2 and you add a ground to pin 5. Then go to your device manager and see what com port was assigned to it and that's what you select in EvoScan. You can also wire the white wire to the rear o2 signal on the ecu and you could log trough Tactrix/open port cable.
the tuner said to download serial to USB drivers and i did.

it worked just one time, then when i shut off the car and tried to log again, it wouldnt no matter what i did. now what is the problem here?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Did you plug it in a different USB port? Sometimes when you do that the com port changes. Go into device manager and find the serial to usb and see what com port is assigned.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
ground to pin 5
Old Mar 10, 2016, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE: its working now! it was basically assigning a comport to the serial to usb cable in the device manager and putting the cable in that usb port. i had no comport assigned before and was just randomly putting it in diffrent usb ports.

a BIG THANKS to all of you that helped!