Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

And another evo hit....

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So I'm embarrassed, sad and mad. I still don't have my car back, and yesterday I was called by the bodyshop that they noticed fresh front-end damage on my car. I don't know if it occurred during the accident or at the shop (they claim they didn't do it). When I got the call I figured it was to pick up my car...

I think the good news for me is that the damage looks fresh, but now I'm just realizing the front fenders are aluminum so they wouldn't rust.. I hope they don't try to say the damage was already there.

I'm just confused how the body shop and adjuster did not see the damage... It's stupid on my end, but other then briefly looking at the front end when the accident happened, I didn't even think to examine it before I dropped it off at the shop. When the accident happened it was raining and this damage is honestly hard to see if you're not really looking for it...

When I got hit I "blacked" out for a few seconds, but when I came back I remember a gypsy cab driving away from me, but it looked very close when it was moving away.

The headlight needs to be replaced as well...

I'm probably going to end up selling the car when everything is done because I'm disgusted.

Last edited by Kreeker; May 8, 2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old May 8, 2016, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Kreeker

I'm probably going to end up selling the car when everything is done because I'm disgusted.
Sorry to hear. That's usually how it goes with most owners
Old May 8, 2016, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 235 Likes on 211 Posts
yessss. sell that ***** and get an MR.
Old May 8, 2016, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Sorry to hear. That's usually how it goes with most owners
It's sad

Originally Posted by kyoo
yessss. sell that ***** and get an MR.
I wonder if I'll be able to find a clean one with low mileage like mine (46k miles)...

I was honestly thinking of an X or an e92 m3.
Old May 8, 2016, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

It's sad

I wonder if I'll be able to find a clean one with low mileage like mine (46k miles)...

I was honestly thinking of an X or an e92 m3.
if you looked hard enough prob - but ooh, e92 m3. meh on the Xs. unless you're getting SST i dont want to be stuck with a 5 speed for the next 10 years
Old May 8, 2016, 02:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you looked hard enough prob - but ooh, e92 m3. meh on the Xs. unless you're getting SST i dont want to be stuck with a 5 speed for the next 10 years
A moderator saying "meh" about an Evo X? Wtf?

I have had three M3's. Now am in an Evo x.
Old May 8, 2016, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by daasca
A moderator saying "meh" about an Evo X? Wtf?

I have had three M3's. Now am in an Evo x.
personal meh lol. we are still allowed our personal preferences. just as good, just as fast as the old cars. not really for me though
Old May 8, 2016, 04:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,549 Likes on 1,328 Posts
Do a supplement with the insurance. And fix it. New fender and paint and it'll be good to go. Idk why that little extra damage would cause you to sell it...
Old May 8, 2016, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I find it hard to believe what you've just said about didn't notice front end damage, why didnt the guy in front you hit say anything and how could you take your car into a smash repair and not do a once around the car with them?
Ok so apart from all that fact is it's damaged, you'll need to cough up if insurance or the shop won't because they won't own up to it so just put it down to an experiance thing and don't let the emotion and anger get in the way, meaning don't knee jerk a sale if your car just because your angry ok, stuff happens in life, we get over it, that's how it goes mate
Old May 8, 2016, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Do a supplement with the insurance. And fix it. New fender and paint and it'll be good to go. Idk why that little extra damage would cause you to sell it...
cuz he's OCD like me.
Old May 8, 2016, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I feel like it's never going to be the same.

Originally Posted by Jonno99
I find it hard to believe what you've just said about didn't notice front end damage, why didnt the guy in front you hit say anything and how could you take your car into a smash repair and not do a once around the car with them?
Ok so apart from all that fact is it's damaged, you'll need to cough up if insurance or the shop won't because they won't own up to it so just put it down to an experience thing and don't let the emotion and anger get in the way, meaning don't knee jerk a sale if your car just because your angry ok, stuff happens in life, we get over it, that's how it goes mate
I was hit in the rear at a seemingly high speed based on what the body shop tells me. I saw the hit coming and it seems my body shut down for a few seconds. When I came back to it there was a gypsy cab (and this is why I think I could have hit him and he left the scene) very close to me driving away. This was on parkway during rushhour traffic and it was raining. I gave it a once over while it was on the side of the road and only noticed the damage to the rear. Roadside assistance, a cop and a towtruck driver all showed up and none of them mentioned any frontend damage.

I dropped it off at the body shop and we really only looked at the rear end because that's all that I thought was done.

The insurance company had an adjuster come out to look at the car and to my knowledge (I was not there) did not notice the front-end damage.

If the adjuster did not notice the front-end damage or he has picture that prove it was not there when looked at the car, either way I think I am in the right and the supplement will be approved.

I can tell you the damage to the front-end was not there before the accident.

cuz he's OCD like me.
Yeah
Old May 8, 2016, 07:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,549 Likes on 1,328 Posts
cuz he's OCD like me.
Meh. It's an Evo, not an AMG or Lambo. Our OEM paint sucks anyways. A quality paint job will be more rock chip resistant.
Old May 8, 2016, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
From my exp with State Farm in the past that I'm pretty confident you'll get the front end damaged covered also.

The rear end damage is where your OCD is going to bring you to unload it. But get it back, go over the work, drive it. If you cringe at the thought of it at that point you know what you have to do.

Good luck man!!
Old May 8, 2016, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think you couldn't deal with it if sell it to get another
Old May 10, 2016, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
cuz he's OCD like me.
I feel like it's never going to be the same.
My car was backed into not too long ago, and I thought the same exact thing. I'm still driving the car every day and cringe at the thought of selling it. I do know that the damage was there and repaired (had the driver side quarter replaced and luckily that was the extent of the damage), but it doesn't really bother me, especially once I get behind the wheel.

46k mile Evos are very hard to come by and I probably would have sold mine if it didn't have less than 50k on it, but we have gems that need some loving. The car now has character and a bit of history that you yourself were [unfortunately] able to facilitate.

You know the car, you know what happened, you know what else is wrong with the car (if anything), don't let a knee jerk reaction lead you to getting rid of it because unless you buy something brand new you might end up with something way worse than what you have, regardless of the price tag or emblem on the trunk.

Not sure where the process is at this point, but I say drive it for the summer and if you just physically can't deal with it, get rid of it in the fall. It's your car, your money, and some strangers on a forum can't tell you how to run your life, so the decision is ultimately up to you.

Sucks to hear and see, but **** happens man and life goes on. At least you have your health and the car will still be fun to drive after all is said and done, I promise you that.

Quick Reply: And another evo hit....