Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Next mods?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 07:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by 4b11slayer

Is this legit?
Are you wondering if what Astral posted is correct? Looks all proper to me
Old Nov 7, 2016, 07:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4b11slayer

Is this legit?
Not sure what you're trying to suggest here... if you are referring to the rear diff, please do your research, it has been covered numerous times here on the forums. Photos of USDM vs JDM diffs, before and after "restack" videos of power oversteer.

Originally Posted by weeeeeeeeee
Do you know where I can buy a set of mr blistins? I actually did ride in my friends 9 mr and it was quite a difference compared to mine. Is there a place we can buy it new? I'm against putting used parts on my car.
To the OP, as far as the MR Bilsteins, I believe I saw a set on the classifieds a couple weeks back. The Evo IX Bilsteins are slightly different than the VIII's, as the rear's have a lower ride height. IIRC it is through stiffer springs, which I would imagine would also mean slightly different valving on the damper.

The IX Bilsteins would probably be your best bet, especially if you plan to go with lowering springs.

On the topic of lowering springs, also consider a set of Bilstein HD's. They are very similar to the MR Bilsteins, only valved to accept stiffer lowering springs without compromising the damping characteristics (you will get slightly less than optimal performance on MR Bilsteins with too stiff of a lowering spring.).

Hope that helps!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by astral
I would highly recommend a set of MR Bilsteins. They are honestly pretty fantastic right out of the box. My suspension set up is completely stock, on the stock wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and I absolutely love the set up.

Ride is friendly towards your back and your passengers, cornering ability is great, and yet (at stock height) the car is extremely useable and can go anywhere, on all surfaces.

It is very difficult for a suspension set up to adhere to that many disciplines, but the MR Bilsteins do quite well.
This x2.

When I bought my Evo, the previous owner had swapped out the MR Bilsteins for some Tein Basic Coilovers. This was obviously done to lower the ride height as when I bought the car, it was slammed pretty low.

Was able to locate a used set of MR Bilsteins on Facebook in a Evo group, and installed them the moment they arrived. What a difference they make! Aside from the slightly larger fender gap that I wanted ( wish there was a way to minimize it ), it rides awesome and corners great. Would highly recommend it.