Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Resale Values

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Great price for $16k. Don't let anyone tell you that you overpaid for that. I'd have expected the car would be closer to 18-19k.
The following users liked this post:
SoSoEVO (Dec 18, 2018)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
Great price for $16k. Don't let anyone tell you that you overpaid for that. I'd have expected the car would be closer to 18-19k.
Haha right!!!! I'm perfectly fine with what I paid, the seller was originally asking $20k two months prior with a lil bit less mileage. I noticed the for sale post date and offered what I got approved for at my credit union and he accepted, picked up the car over the weekend. I kept skipping over the car too because I assumed it was out of my price range.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$16K is a great deal for the car. You should be happy!

I am currently looking for an Evo IX, No rust, as close to stock as possible, any color.

I miss my ix.
The following users liked this post:
SoSoEVO (Jan 3, 2019)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
I agree! Very clean car i want another evo lol

to the OP, think of evos kind of like the first gen eclipse gsx. Pretty soon all that will be left are other peoples unfinished projects, or super clean ones asking top dollar. I think for the near future, evos will hold value well.
Ive seen evo shells go for 5k plus if that says anything.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is OK to pay more for the right car then to pay less for the wrong one.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Driving ten under in the passing lane, right turn signal on at all times.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd rather pay too much for a clean straight Evo with no deferred maintenance, no issues, no excuses, no stories, than go bargain hunting and get a lemon.

For that matter, I'd rather have a minivan that runs and drives than a monster that doesn't work.