Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MSRP Please!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2002, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry MSRP Please!

I already have my reserve on the Evo but I just spoke with my Mitsubishi dealer and she said that the Evo will be sold at sticker price with no mark-ups, however, she's not willing to put it in paper just yet because of the lack of VIN numbers at the moment but said that by October specs and pics should be released and she'll put it in paper by then. Is this legit? Or am I getting the shaft over here? Someone gimme some feedback. Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone wanna lay down what they think will happen?
Old Sep 1, 2002, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

I have a dealer that is the same way. They don't take names or deposits until it is time to order. Nothing wrong with that. I think you'll be fine..and get it at sticker. If not, look elsewhere...there are plenty of dealers that are going to sell at msrp if not lower.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, she told me that she was willing to sell it at sticker price and didn't really markup any cars...Their biggest mark up is on the MonteroSport and it was marked up only $1200. Ok cool, so I can start again without any worries

Cheers

Old Sep 1, 2002, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Does anyone else think that by Octobor pics and specs will be finally released?
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:08 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If she wouldn't put it in writing, maybe other sales people would in that dealership. Why don't you call and ask the manager directly to see if they are willing have money down so you could be number 1 on the list. Sounds like a markup to me. No reason not to from a bussiness standpoint. Why not garentee a sale if they are selling at Msrp anyways .

The dealership pulled the same crap on me. One said his manager would not allow orders without vin but the other saleman from the same dealership is willing. I was going to up a deposit but that guy was so rude and trash that I just decided to walked out and find bussiness elsewhere. Oh well, now i'm number one on the list at a different dealership .

Good luck and remember 4000 is not that many but the price of 30k might create more availability but, i doubt it. Look at honda s2000 when it first arrived or the new M3.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

GTR, where are you in Michigan.

I am in Lansing and Have a deposit of $500 in Grand Rapids, I am also number one.

I hope is not the same dealership!.

Let me know
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:26 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

I'm in Lansing too.

Naw that was the MSU years but not to worry my order is from Chicago.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

that's great!!!

maybe we can get toguether when we get our cars!

what color are you getting.

I think I am going to get a red one. Blue is nice, But i have to go with red.

Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

tell her to put it in paper NOW...

If you'll do a search...I've posted pictures of my receipt from Wayzata Mitsu. saying they'll sell for MSRP, and that was last December. I say get her to put it in paper now.

Hooby
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:36 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Fred, If you were in the MSU area last year i drove a Black M3. Just sold it a week ago for the evo. However, if my friends haven't graduated when my car arrives i'll probably visit E. Lansing. I'm sure there won't be many evo's out so i'll fash you or something if i see you. However i'm pretty close to Milan dragway so you'll probably see me there testing and tuning my car.

I agree with Hooby. Paper work and don't forget the manager's signiture b/c the sales person's doesn't mean anything.

Last edited by gtr; Sep 1, 2002 at 10:40 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by gtr
I'm sure there won't be many evo's out so i'll fash you or something if i see you.

Let's get something perfectly clear. I don't want you flashin him NUTHIN
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

The M3 was the car I wanted, I was on the waiting list at Williams when there was one. Did you use to go the M3 board. I believe I saw a picture of your car out there. It was a black one from Lansing, It had to be you.

I never actually saw your car in the streets. Let me know if are ever around, will have a beer or something!!
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:58 AM

Heh its nice to see some Lansing/E. Lansing people getting their hands on the Evos quickly
Althought i'm sorry to say that I drive a WRX, Mitsu just took too long to bring it out and at a price I could afford. When I get my WRX running it will be nice to go up against some Evo's at Milan dragway and MI autoXs.
Also checkout www.ar-racing.com (little car group in E.L.) it would be nice to have you guys with your evos hangout.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 11:08 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Wow new site for you guys? Ya know if Naved modified that Z06 yet? If not next year i'm going to take him on with my evo with exhaust and boost controller or something .

I'm takine care of my bro in law's wrx, when he is alway. Problems with timing pull and no cat upipes "watch out". For upipes a resistor mod i required advantage is that lag is reduced by 1/2. We are making a road trip to maryland to get that dyno tunied with turbo xs.

Quick Reply: MSRP Please!