Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

in defense to megan racing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in defense to megan racing

ill try not to make this too long. but let it be known that their product is freakin awesome. just had my whole exhaust system installed at agile (mike is the king, he had to put up with me). labor was 62 bucks. i wanted the best exhaust system for the evo and steve at lancer shop recomended the meagan cat back, ( perrine delete pipe with 02 sensor wiring that keeps your check engine light off), and lancer shop 3 inch downpipe.somebody on another thread got screwed by megan, but the guys at lancer shop where i ordererd from had my stuff shipped at my doorstep in 2 days. mike whos worked on allot of evos says ts the first turboback that fit like a glove on the evo clearing the arm bar wonderfully. it even has a silencer if you dont want to grab attention. the sound is to die for. i didnt play my radio so i could get off on the growl. i am going back on monday to have it tuned and dynod to see the numbers. dont let the price fool you. when people get wind on how kick *** and easy to bolt on, their price might go up cause of popularity. asians are not dumb. there stratedgy is good. their prices are the lowest, and they know that when enough of them get out there, then it will be all word of mouth. my only recomendation is not to order direct from them cause some poor guy on another thread got cornholed. ill post pictures monday when i take it back for tuning.megan stainless steel with titanium tip cat back and perrin cat delete test pipe with 02 sensor $ 599
lancer shop downpipe 3 inch (same as megan downpipe) $189. ill be in rockville saturday after next at sports authority if you wanna get blown away. dont be fooled by there unattractive body kit. technology and artistic ability are seperate things. now ill just wait and see how it holds up with time. (Well i tried not to make it too long )
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

sweet, yeah i have thought the products look great, hear customer service sucks though.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 07:30 AM

i was wondering if i should get the megan racing exhaust or not, but since you put this post up im ready to order it. I would like to see some pics and dyno numbers before i order it though. can you send them to me when youi get them, i appreciate it
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:00 PM

i have the Megan Racing Catback, it sound very nice.. but i got some exhaust leak between the pipping
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Megan Downpipe (Got it from Chris at LancerShop.com) and it is AWESOME. Beautifully polished stainless steel with NO issues. Clears everything fine and bolted on with no problems.

and you can't beat the price.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

I just installed a 3" LS downpipe and I noticed on the upper side of the flex section that it does come in to contact with some part of the lower engine, not sure exactly what though. I doubt it will create a problem, but still kind of sucks.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i got MR catback and hflow cat, I PAiD - $375 for the catback with shipping!!! and 80 bux for hflow cat, and i will pay about 165 with shipping bux for the downpipe :-) and tight everything again nicely... i think for that price you cant find anything better then that. sounds great and looks awesome, thumbs up... also i got MR springs from them..
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

all i have to say is.. you get what you paid for
Old Apr 27, 2004, 10:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mifesto
all i have to say is.. you get what you paid for
Unless you're talking about the usual big JDM name parts... then, you've paid for three JDM ****** and all the "tricks in their bag" while only getting several pounds of polished metal with some nice welds...
Old Apr 28, 2004, 04:45 AM

great comment! who sells there downpipe for 160 shipped?
Old Apr 28, 2004, 05:47 AM

have a freind or a lawyer or someone that sounds like one call customer service and threaten to take action. it might cost you 50 to ahundred bucks to have a legal person call customer service. and push some weight around. but youll get some result thats better than nothing. and best scenario youll sleep better at night. one thing i hate is being robbed like that. if those guys find that there dealing with somebody young, late teens early twenties they just walk all over you, chew you up and spit you out. an older person usually has run into the same problems and should have more experience with dealing with customer service. asking for a the persons name who you are speaking with is very powerful, they feel stripped once you ask them what there full name is and who is there boss. you might want to contact, the corporate offices and talk to someone higher up. cause if mr, wants to keep their rep clean, that behavior is unnacceptable and criminal. they will be concerned for you cause they will want to know whos working for them that is soiling there reputation and weed their customer service out.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 06:03 AM

better yet if you call steve or whoever at lancer shop and tell them your experience they will definately do some work for you cause they love there products and love their service. he can tell you what to do.
Old May 26, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i paid $375 shipped for catback 80bux for hiflow cat and 165 shipped for DP.... u cant beat that price and that product for that price is awesome!
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:45 PM

I bought the megan racing dp and test pipe for 250 shipped. Have had great results with it, a small rattle problem, but it was easily fixed by putting some extra screws in the heat shield.

I bought it at optionimports.com and was given no hassle, shipped it a timely manner, nothing negative to say. I made 288 whp with a hks turboback and this combo.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:48 PM

i found the deal on a thread on this forum so if you look you can get more info