Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boost-Solutions 702whp Evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rez90
Thats exactly what i was thinking....what did you guys do to the diff's, tranny...
Diffs are stock, tranny was rebuilt by Shepherd Racing, clutch is ATS Carbon Triple.

George
Old Aug 30, 2004, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo81
i wanna see this beast hitting 9's on the track.
This week we are working on fine tuning it with nitrous, and also we are getting some drag radials
Old Aug 30, 2004, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Boost Solutions
We have a bunch of movies, but they were done with a Video Hi8 camcorder ( tape), so some work is needed to convert to digital and post it.

Pretty much, the car sounds like an airplane on the dyno.

George
George if you can give me the camera I can convert to digital.

Guys the red beast is SCARY!!!
The sound is unbelievable I never heard anything like that from a tiny 4 cyl.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IHatePorsche
George if you can give me the camera I can convert to digital.

Guys the red beast is SCARY!!!
The sound is unbelievable I never heard anything like that from a tiny 4 cyl.
Tiny 4cyl? 2.4liter here...

George
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:59 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
As late as that thing hits, to get a respectable time on the track, its going to need a _huge_ n2o shot to start around 3000rpm to get the turbo spooling a lot earlier. I'm more interested to see the tuning post nitrous and after the spark problem is rectified, as it should be a lot more exciting. Also, IIRC this is on a dynojet converted to FWD. As it sits without nitrous, there is no way it will run a nine second pass, as the power is almost inaccessable before 6 grand. Nitrous is definitely the key with this setup.

Good luck at the track George and Doug. I hope you get it sorted out and make a very fast pass. Take care.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

So when are you going to commerce?? This I gotta see!
Old Aug 30, 2004, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
As late as that thing hits, to get a respectable time on the track, its going to need a _huge_ n2o shot to start around 3000rpm to get the turbo spooling a lot earlier. I'm more interested to see the tuning post nitrous and after the spark problem is rectified, as it should be a lot more exciting. Also, IIRC this is on a dynojet converted to FWD. As it sits without nitrous, there is no way it will run a nine second pass, as the power is almost inaccessable before 6 grand. Nitrous is definitely the key with this setup.

Good luck at the track George and Doug. I hope you get it sorted out and make a very fast pass. Take care.
Thanks, Noize, you are right, it needs nitrous on the track. But that is what it was built for. Also, it has a lot more power potential, but we are taking care of traction right now.

Also, it looks like we are need a bigger return line. No big deal, since the car is getting a fuel cell as well...

George
Old Aug 30, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

VERY VERY NICE NUMBERS!!! So your saying i shouldnt push my GT35/40R much more then 32psi huh? I wish i knew how to read those maps maybe i could figure it out myself..LOL.. . Anyway George very nice work i have been keeping track of your car since the day i found your website cant wait to see how it turns out! You still running the Tomei 260 with 11.5? My goal is only about 600whp (family car..haha..) and sold my HKS 272 for the Tomei 260. I should be fine right? Also have you got the Tomei cam gears in yet? How about the Tomei 270? SOrry to get CONGRATS!!!!

Chris
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gt40
brave effort for a dynoqueen...
jealous? ha ha ha
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

*cough* dyno-queen *cough*

That is the most useless powerband I've ever seen out of an Evo, you have 1k RPMs of useful power, and last time I checked, most of the gears last longer than that. I really hope your NOS helps spoolup on that thing, or you decide to rev it out to 9k.

- Steve
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SuperHatch

That is the most useless powerband I've ever seen out of an Evo, you have 1k RPMs of useful power, and last time I checked, most of the gears last longer than that. I really hope your NOS helps spoolup on that thing, or you decide to rev it out to 9k.

- Steve
They already said that they are upping the rev limiter which will help and settings the cams gears will help (0,0 now) and the nos is going to throw that power band throught the roof! I would say unless you can put money down and even stay on Georges bumper you have no right to talk! DAMN HATERS!!!! Keep up the good work Boost Solutions!!!!

Chris
Old Aug 30, 2004, 11:14 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Why is he a hater? As is, that powerband, while crazy and impressive, is pretty useless except for top speed and bragging rights, neither of which is of value to most people.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Wow
Old Aug 30, 2004, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SuperHatch

- Steve

Jealousy is a ****
Old Aug 30, 2004, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Why is he a hater? As is, that powerband, while crazy and impressive, is pretty useless except for top speed and bragging rights, neither of which is of value to most people.
I guess that all depends on what you are building the car for doesnt it? If you are a drag racer you want all top end if you are a track racing then you want a little more of a power band. The point is its pretty obviose that they built this car for drag or they would have went with a different turbo. You have to look what the car is built for before you just automatically put it down. Dont you agree? I can say hey your power band sucks that little turbo is out of breath at the 60 foot mark. Know what i mean?

Chris

Quick Reply: Boost-Solutions 702whp Evo