Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hallman mbc install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hallman mbc install

well i know how to actually do the installation..however i have no idea how to get my hand all the way to the wastegate to connect the vaccum hose from the mbc..i checked it out today and i would have to take off one of my radiator hoses as well as the hose running from the intake to the turbo just to fit my hand down there..i dont have access to a lift..and everyone makes the mbc install seem easy (as it should be minus the fact that I can't reach my hand down there..) how have you guys been doing the install to the wastegate?

17 psi tapering to 16
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aiite bro listen, this is the easier way to do this...I did it in like 45 mins to an hour or less. 1st make sure your car is COOL! and I mean do this in the morning so the car hasn't been touched overnight. Start off by taking your airbox off, its on by 2 10mm bolts you'll probally need an extension to get them off, once you get the bolts off you need to loosen the clamp to the maf pipe. Then disconnect the connection to the airbox and remove the box. 2nd take off the middle part of the upper ic piping, from the 1st top clamp to the bottom one by the airbox. Once all this is off you can easier stick your hand down there and get to them. If you have anymore questions on the install or questions about how to get down there feel free to ask me. Enjoy the.