Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Keyless Remote Programming

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried it it locked and unlocked twice like it was supposed to after I took the key out nothing happened was not able to lock and unlock with remote? what am I doing wrong or what should I look for?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless Remote Not working

I was able to ground Pin #1 and enter programming mode. However, I pressed the lock button on the keyless remote and nothing happened. Took out the key to end the process and the keyless remote still didnt work (altho lights up).

Then I googled Evo8 remote and realized that I didn't have the stock remote; I had an after market alarm remote! Arrrrrrgh!

Last edited by WApyro; Jun 23, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:58 AM

1) Insert key and turn to first position (ACC)
2) Jump pins 1 and 4 on the OBD-II connector
3) ** Here is the key - immediately after jumping the two pins, press the Hazard Light Switch 6 times within 10 seconds.
4) The doors will lock and unlock, confirming that you are in programming mode
5) Press the Lock button 3 times (once, then two more times) on the first remote to program
6) The doors will lock and unlock again, confirming the successful programming of the remote.
7) Repeat step 5 for all other remotes, up to 4.
8) To exit Programming mode, do one of the following:
a) Turn the key to off
b) Remove the key
c) Remove the jumper wire
d) Do nothing for 1 minute
9) After exiting programming mode, its always a good idea to test out the remote to ensure the doors lock and unlock as commanded.

Note: Once you enter programming mode, all previously programmed remotes will be erased, so be sure to reprogram all the remotes you would like to use, up to 4.
Note: The driver door does not need to be closed.
Note: If a remote is not programmed within 1 minute of the doors locking and unlocking, the car will exit programming mode, and all remotes will remain erased.

^ i used this method today for my remote i ordered off ebay on my 2005 evo 8 mr and it worked perfectly 1st time. i used all the methods to get out of the programming mode (i took the key out, took the jumper out, and did nothing for a minute) and now i have a keyless remote for my evo
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:28 PM

stupid question, but i have a 2005 es and i was wondering what the original keyless entry remote looks like. i have one that only has the unlock and lock button. is this the correct one?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BoznianManiac
stupid question, but i have a 2005 es and i was wondering what the original keyless entry remote looks like. i have one that only has the unlock and lock button. is this the correct one?
Thats the right one!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
Thats the right one!
the one ive seen online tho has 4 buttons tho. pretty confusing.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is what your remote should look like:

[click to go to website]
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

I hope someone can help me, I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

I go into program mode, hit the lock button once, then two more times and it confirms by locking and unlocking.

It still doesn't work... What gives? I try immediately, so should I pull the ground and remove the key THEN wait a minute to see if it even works? I feel like I've done that already :/

I should mention, the previous owner I believe had an alarm system since there was an LED near my instrument panel, but nothing looks butchered...
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Any chance this will work on a 2008 EVO X?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:53 AM

Does anyone out there know or have tested this on a 2010??? I just got a 2010 GSR with F.A.S.T system but only got 1 key... I was able to get 2 extras on Ebay but cannot find a locksmith to program and am not sure if the dealer will program them because when I called to ask they weren't sure...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:49 PM

Hi Guys,

Does this work on Evo 7 JDM Models?

With this key?
https://ikeyless.com/vehicles/Mitsub.../2003/1001518/

Car key I've been given is really just a plain metal key, want something a little nicer with the black handle and hopefully enable keyless entry. 99% sure I don't need to program the transponder, just the buttons, but yeah.. eh

Last edited by leftywhat; Jan 23, 2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

I've tried this....in all possible ways mentioned, no such luck. Used speaker wires, paper clip, Bobby pin...followed the steps to the T and nothing. Only thing that happens is the ABS light on cluster flashes.

Is there a fuse for the keyless entry? There was a flashing red light when I would lock the car with the key, this red light is no longer present
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:31 AM

May I ask, I currently have only 1 key programmed and for some reason either the reciever is going nuts or the key. If I buy another key and cut it, I am understanding the key i would need to insert in the car is the new key ey to programm it?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 08:14 PM

hey guys. I own a 2013 lancer ES. My remote key fob stopped working because the battery ran out. I replaced the battery and it doesn`t lock and unlock the doors anymore. The fob because its lights come on and a locksmith checked that and it`s definitely working. I checked the WEB and youtube for reprogramming but all the tutorials were for 05-12 models. I also did the manual instructions but nothing happened. The dealership told me they charge me 220 dollars for that. I only have one fob, it is the only i got from the previous owner. Would you plz help me? thanks
Old May 14, 2017, 03:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone figure out a fix for not being able to enter into the actual programming mode (after pressing hazard button 6x)? I have tried both ways, key in ignition and key turned to ACC. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Keyless Remote Programming