Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

DEI 451T relay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEI 451T relay

Anyone know how to wire the DEI 451T relay for the door locks.. I have it hooked up to the alarm but cant congiure the remaining 4 wires. I know 2 wires go to the output lock/unlock but what about the remaining 2.. I did a search and thats how I found the color code but can't figure out the rest. If you could please guide me that would be great. I tried wiring it to the power lock / unlock wire and it triggers the relay to go but keeps on sending a signal so it wouldn't stop.

Thanks,
John
Old Sep 14, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what brand alarm are you using? i'm assuming a dei product if you are trying to use a 451T/451M relay pack. Also what kind of car (make/model/year) are you tring to put this system in? Also (i know this will sound dumb but) do you have power locks? LMK these answers and I'll give you answer you're looking for (I do mobile electronic installs for a living).
Old Sep 14, 2005, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
upon looking more carefully i see that i'm in the evo how to requests (i just saw the topic on the home page and clicked on it to help) so i'm assuming that you are looking for help for the 03 evo gsr you have.

for starters, the locks are a negative locking system in lancers. the wires can be found in the drivers kick panel, drivers door harness, or (the most convienient) near the white plug in the bottom of the fuse box. the colors are purple (negative lock) and light green (negative unlock).

as for your dei relay pack, you will not need the relay pack itself if installing it in a lancer. if you look at the relay there should be a harness coming off of it that plugs into the alarm brain. it should have 3 wires in it (blue, red, green). this is the only part you will need. you can cut this harness off the relay pack closer to the relay pack than the alarm input end obviously.

pull out the red wire in the middle of the 3 pin harness. it is not needed. consult your installation manual for whether green is negative lock or negative unlock and the same for blue (negative lock or negative unlock). i can never remember which is which and always have to consult the book myself.

once that is done and figured out and you have found your wires (using a continuity meter with one end to ground and the other end to the test wire and by pressing and holding either the lock or unlock button), connect the green wire from the alarm to the correct wire and the blue wire to the correct wire.

lmk if there are any differences in what you have.

edit:
fyi: you don't need relays to interface an alarm lock/unlock outputs with a standard 3 wire system like a lancer has. it is needed for resistence locking (like in chyrslers), five wire (like some fords), type f (like older nissans), or just plain strange setups like an fbody (camaro/firebird).

Last edited by EvilBlueEvo8; Sep 14, 2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upon looking at my initial trial.. I cut the wires going directly to the motor . Thats why my intial attempt with the 2 wire system did not work. Thanks.

Last edited by johnjonfenomeno; Sep 15, 2005 at 08:07 AM.