Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Exhaust manifold, intake and throttle body

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust manifold, intake and throttle body

Hey everyone it has been a while since I post something in this forum. I am looking suggestion on wish route I should go. I have a FP black turbo on my evo with o2 dump. But still stock exhaust manifold. I want to upgrade my stock exhaust, intake and throttle of my evo 9 any suggestions. My evo currently is 460 on 93 low boost since is daily but I want to at least to get 500 on pump and then go e85. Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2018, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump
Old Feb 14, 2018, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
I have no opinions on intake manifold. But I think FP cast exhaust manifold is a great value. It's not much more than paying someone to port your stock manifold ($299) but the flow paths to collectors can't be matched by someone porting a stock manifold.

If you're upgrading intake and exhaust manifolds, you may want to look into match porting your head and even polish. May as well do all of it at same time so you don't pay for another tune later. I assume you have upgraded cams. If not, definitely add those before tuning.

Good luck!

Be careful with larger throttle body, I've read some are too thin and cracks when slightly over tightened.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got the FP cast race manifold but I had it ported by curt brown along with my intake manifold and throttle body. Once I build the car I will probably have curt brown port/polish the head as well

I like the FP manifold as it’s bigger than stock but stock appearing especially under the heat shield
Old Feb 18, 2018, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by vmrevo9
I got the FP cast race manifold but I had it ported by curt brown along with my intake manifold and throttle body. Once I build the car I will probably have curt brown port/polish the head as well

I like the FP manifold as it’s bigger than stock but stock appearing especially under the heat shield
/\ This