Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

'bout to install boost gauge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'bout to install boost gauge

Okay I've got all the tubing and nuts ready to go. The only problem is I'm not sure exactly where I need to 't' into the fuel pressure vac line. All the DIY's are showing like obscure shots of the actual line. I don't wanna cut into the wrong one.

Also, I ordered a new t fitting from STM and it came with this thick vacuum hose clamped to the center portion of the 't'. Do I just shove the nylon line into that and clamp it?

I'm working with a autometer gauge.

I just read in a gauge install for a civic that people are using the tubing (like the one connected to the STM 'T') as a coupler.
Attached Thumbnails 'bout to install boost gauge-imag0009.jpg   'bout to install boost gauge-imag0008.jpg  

Last edited by superkizuna; Apr 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
im 100% positive u did NOT search at all. sorry to be a douche, but actually im not sorry.

there is a TON of threads on how to install. there are even pictures of where to T the line.
jumping to the point, i WOULD NOT tee it off at the fpr. why? because if the line popped and its connected to the fpr wut do u think would happen? IMO i rather not put it there.
The alternative place and the safest in my mind is the vacuum line going to the intake manifold. I tee'd mine there.

heres a pic in the "how to" section at the top. this is for where u want to install it (fpr). i dont see any obstructed view in the picture.

heres another how to for the same place
http://www.jonesland.com/evo/BoostGauge_Install.htm

just by looking at your pictures, it doesnt look like that thin line is going to fit in on that Tee. when i had an autometer it came with this rubber grommet thing that acted like a reducer to the bigger fitting. from then on i went with electrical over mechanical.

Last edited by sujinX; Apr 16, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Well if you want to be a douche then I guess you are a douche. Yup I looked at pics. I saw the very same one u have presented. Just want some help. I'm not a mechanic. I'm not trying to mess up my car. Now the tube I pictured on the t just has a 1/8 opening. It will fit the nylon.

Next time maybe a link without all the flame..... Thanks.

Last edited by superkizuna; Apr 16, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have enough tubing. You can tap the BOV line. I havent tried it. Casue I have mine taped to my oem boost gauge. GL
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Push the nylon tube into the supplied Vacuum line and use one or two of the zip ties to secure it. If you get the nylon line wet it will go in easier and further. After that you must tee into the factory FPR line, between the FPR and the intake manifold.

-Em
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

I'm pretty much a dedicated customer now. Awesome customer service!

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
Push the nylon tube into the supplied Vacuum line and use one or two of the zip ties to secure it. If you get the nylon line wet it will go in easier and further. After that you must tee into the factory FPR line, between the FPR and the intake manifold.

-Em
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks!

Hope it all works out for you!

-Em
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Bam worked good. Looks like about 19 and some change at WOT.