Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

I need help on my coilover!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help on my coilover!

I have WORKS/Ohlins Stage IV Coilover Suspension. I would like to adjust the height myself but I need a little help! Yes, I'm a noob and it already came with the Evo I bought couple months ago. I have no idea where to start. I've had Function and Form coilover for my EG9 and yes I did work on it with a help of a friend. I just wanna know the step by step since Ohlins Stage IV Coilover Suspension looks a bit different.

Here's how it looks like!
http://store.worksmotorsports.com/WO..._p/225.805.htm
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
pics dont work

on my ohlins, the fronts on the bottom mount there is an allen bolt. loosen that bolt and remove. take the wrench and put it on the lower collar and spin it so that the WHOLE threaded section moves. then when u get it to the right height, insert allen screw and tighten.
for the rears, just break loose the lower collar below the spring and spin the top collar (below the spring) to adjust the rear height.
in the ohlins manual there is MARKINGS for the limit of the height. dont go HIGHER than the marking line on the threaded sleeve. that means there is 4-5 threads left holding it and its not safe to go further.

just found the pic. wow you bought the double adjustable one. baller.

Last edited by sujinX; Mar 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by sujinX
pics dont work

on my ohlins, the fronts on the bottom mount there is an allen bolt. loosen that bolt and remove. take the wrench and put it on the lower collar and spin it so that the WHOLE threaded section moves. then when u get it to the right height, insert allen screw and tighten.
for the rears, just break loose the lower collar below the spring and spin the top collar (below the spring) to adjust the rear height.
in the ohlins manual there is MARKINGS for the limit of the height. dont go HIGHER than the marking line on the threaded sleeve. that means there is 4-5 threads left holding it and its not safe to go further.

just found the pic. wow you bought the double adjustable one. baller.
Thanks for your help! I'll check it out. And nuh, I didn't buy it. It came with it when I bought it from the dealer. I saw the receipt from WORKS Motorsports though. The previous owner spent at least 6k on my Evo. Luckily other than that everything's pretty much stock. Once again, thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:41 AM

*bump