Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: In car ACD reflash / logging / tuning (evo 8/9)

Old Jul 7, 2015, 02:43 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
any way to make this work with a 1.3 cable?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
any way to make this work with a 1.3 cable?
Nope. Its strictly tactrix/openport 2.0 cables that can read it. v1.3 can log though.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 07:22 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by deeman101
Nope. Its strictly tactrix/openport 2.0 cables that can read it. v1.3 can log though.
well, i can upgrade, i suppose. i just was hoping to stick with the 1.3.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
well, i can upgrade, i suppose. i just was hoping to stick with the 1.3.

I was partial to my v1.3 cable too for simplicity and no flashy lights. But the 2.0's continous logging feature has grown on me. I have a 32gb microSD in it and just let it log away. I check the logs whenever I'm questioning the tune or something weird happened. Ex: I see how the car handles my tune on street vs. 20min lapping session and change my tune as needed. Its like having a dashcam for your tune basically.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did it...

but now that i can tune the acd and ayc im not satisfied...i want my evo 8 to do the runabouts in style...but the front is always going out...i want the car to be almost like RWD....what can i do...
Old Aug 31, 2015, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by filipe vale
but now that i can tune the acd and ayc im not satisfied...i want my evo 8 to do the runabouts in style...but the front is always going out...i want the car to be almost like RWD....what can i do...
Nothing much really to make it rwd like. Other than pulling the front axles. You can add an aggressive rear diff to make it feel more rwd. But the best the center diff can do is be locked or be fully open. It doesn't vector torque around.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 09:59 PM

Interesting, thank you for sharing
Old Sep 7, 2015, 07:47 PM

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So you are putting a signal pin into a power pin slot...?

Maybe you can take out your pin and take a picture of it. I put 3 signal pins for the ACD pressure sensor into the harness. I then used a signal pin into what is obviously a power pin sized slot and it is just hot dog in a hall way.

So, not working for me.

What power pin did you buy there?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 01:00 AM

you just have to get 6 volts...

6 volts from the acd to the cable...and have the xml file
Old Sep 17, 2015, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nollij
So you are putting a signal pin into a power pin slot...?

Maybe you can take out your pin and take a picture of it. I put 3 signal pins for the ACD pressure sensor into the harness. I then used a signal pin into what is obviously a power pin sized slot and it is just hot dog in a hall way.

So, not working for me.

What power pin did you buy there?

I guess it is technically a power pin slot. That just happens to be where the K-line is. I used this pin: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...liN80oxFE3h5Jy

The fitment on these mouser pins is not like OEM. They need to be forced into the slot and are kind of loose once they're in. I've used these pins a few more times to wire auxillary stuff into my engine ECU for logging purposes. Not too impressed but they did the job.

Last edited by deeman101; Sep 17, 2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

I guess it is technically a power pin slot. That just happens to be where the K-line is. I used this pin: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...liN80oxFE3h5Jy

The fitment on these mouser pins is not like OEM. They need to be forced into the slot and are kind of loose once they're in. I've used these pins a few more times to wire auxillary stuff into my engine ECU for logging purposes. Not too impressed but they did the job.
That is an acceptable signal pin for that connector. But as stated, pin 25 is a power pin slot.

I have some JAE power pins that do not look like the power pins I pulled out of the connector and do not "latch" in. I printed off some drawings for some Tyco/AMP 070 pins and will compare those to the actual power pins in the car tonight (supposedly they are the same as the EVO VIII/2G ECU pin which would be a TE 175269-1). Those pins accept #20-16AWG conductors so should work with #20 wire although it may be an odd fit.

The wire in your first picture looks to be #16AWG and would not fit in that signal pin that you linked.

Also, for the Evo 9 ECU, it appears that Spoolinup now offers the pins. I bought some from Jamie about a year ago.

UPDATE: VERIFIED EVOVIII/2G ECU PIN IS EVO 9 ACD POWER PIN (TE 175269-1) and is likely the one you will need for this. I am ordering some and will update with how well it slots into the existing connector.

Last edited by nollij; Sep 17, 2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nollij
That is an acceptable signal pin for that connector. But as stated, pin 25 is a power pin slot.

I have some JAE power pins that do not look like the power pins I pulled out of the connector and do not "latch" in. I printed off some drawings for some Tyco/AMP 070 pins and will compare those to the actual power pins in the car tonight (supposedly they are the same as the EVO VIII/2G ECU pin which would be a TE 175269-1). Those pins accept #20-16AWG conductors so should work with #20 wire although it may be an odd fit.

The wire in your first picture looks to be #16AWG and would not fit in that signal pin that you linked.

Also, for the Evo 9 ECU, it appears that Spoolinup now offers the pins. I bought some from Jamie about a year ago.

UPDATE: VERIFIED EVOVIII/2G ECU PIN IS EVO 9 ACD POWER PIN (TE 175269-1) and is likely the one you will need for this. I am ordering some and will update with how well it slots into the existing connector.
Updated OP with the correct link to the mouser catalogue. I actually ordered both the signal and power pins because I was using it for other projects. I must've forgot which one I used for the ACD.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Updated OP with the correct link to the mouser catalogue. I actually ordered both the signal and power pins because I was using it for other projects. I must've forgot which one I used for the ACD.
Just pinned it into the slot with a #20AWG on a power pin. Snug as a bug and not coming out.

So, verified.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 06:17 PM

Can this work for the JDM EVO 7?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOW TO: In car ACD reflash / logging / tuning (evo 8/9)