Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: In car ACD reflash / logging / tuning (evo 8/9)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdrinkh2o
Post up your ROM and I will try to get you the right XML definition file.
Hi! Already using ralliart k1
Old Jan 22, 2016, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by danfalcas
Hi! Already using ralliart k1
Originally Posted by deeman101
I was partial to my v1.3 cable too for simplicity and no flashy lights. But the 2.0's continous logging feature has grown on me. I have a 32gb microSD in it and just let it log away. I check the logs whenever I'm questioning the tune or something weird happened. Ex: I see how the car handles my tune on street vs. 20min lapping session and change my tune as needed. Its like having a dashcam for your tune basically.
how did u set up the openport to log to sdcard? Already know how im asking the parameters

thanks
Old Jan 22, 2016, 01:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
OP 2.0 and evoscan 2.9.

Can you post up a screen shot of Evoscan 2.9 showing the settings you are using for logging ACD direct to your laptop with OP 2.0? Can you also do a help > about to confirm the exact version you are running?

Many thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 09:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Got a reply from Hamish at EvoScan, and response from the Tactrix helpdesk.

****** The OP 2.0 cable cannot be used to log ACD parameters on the Evo 8/9. You have to use the OP 1.3U/R cable for logging AYC/ADC ******

I used my OP1.3U cable this weekend with EvoScan v2.9.0100. I was able to connect to the ACD and actuate pump and valves, etc., but I still get maximum values when trying to log any ACD/AYC parameters.

I have asked Hamish at EvoScan for troubleshooting steps. I will report back with any useful information.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 02:43 AM

Hi, I'm planning to work on a friends race JDM EVO9 GT very soon, he wants to either go with Motec or Haltech for the engine side of things and tune the stock ACD ecu. Once the Std ECU is pulled out will the OBD2 port still work is what I wonder even if I pull the K line off the ACD socket and plug it in to the OP2.0 earphone plug. In the meantime I would like to see a stock file and a good XML for it.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 03:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
So yeh I know it's a dum question and I know your all off tuning your ACDs but what actual performance improvement do you actually get??? I was on a wet track and switched to gravel and really it made no difference, so a bit of tuning will do something??
Old Mar 10, 2016, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Zakie@TIC
Hi, I'm planning to work on a friends race JDM EVO9 GT very soon, he wants to either go with Motec or Haltech for the engine side of things and tune the stock ACD ecu. Once the Std ECU is pulled out will the OBD2 port still work is what I wonder even if I pull the K line off the ACD socket and plug it in to the OP2.0 earphone plug. In the meantime I would like to see a stock file and a good XML for it.
You can find the stock roms and xmls on the evoscan website.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonno99
So yeh I know it's a dum question and I know your all off tuning your ACDs but what actual performance improvement do you actually get??? I was on a wet track and switched to gravel and really it made no difference, so a bit of tuning will do something??

You can really change the balance and ability to rotate the car under power / put down power under different conditions by tuning the ecu. Makes a significant difference actually.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 09:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
so i was just wanting to clarify. Are we able to do this to the JDM evo 7, 8 and 9. specifically evo 7 in my case. if so what performance gains are expected with the new rom? more interested in better ACD performance more so than the logging side of things.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 07:46 AM

You can find the stock roms and xmls on the evoscan website.
looked all over evoscan but cant seem to find any EVO9 ACD files, do you have a link to it please
Old May 29, 2016, 08:36 AM

JDM EVO9 89280002 with ACD ID: 401703

I have two questions here where one is a issue, the issue I'm having is the ABS light flashing and also making the ACD lights blink. This happened only after I flashed it with a Tephra ROM 88591715. Any idea what it could be. Its also throwing a engine check light with "J2534 init error ERR_FAILED" after the Tephra ROM.

The other question I have is there a way I can program the ACD to full lock mode ideally on snow setting, this is mainly during launch only and later switch to either tarmac or gravel depending on the track.

Some input on this wil;l be greatly appreciated.

Zakie

Sri Lanka

PS: I flashed the ACD with Merlins tuned map
Old May 29, 2016, 10:58 AM

I managed to sort out the J2534 error and no ABS flashing either , thats all good. I want know if its possible to run full lock on one of the modes, ideally snow.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdrinkh2o
Got a reply from Hamish at EvoScan, and response from the Tactrix helpdesk.

****** The OP 2.0 cable cannot be used to log ACD parameters on the Evo 8/9. You have to use the OP 1.3U/R cable for logging AYC/ADC ******

I used my OP1.3U cable this weekend with EvoScan v2.9.0100. I was able to connect to the ACD and actuate pump and valves, etc., but I still get maximum values when trying to log any ACD/AYC parameters.

I have asked Hamish at EvoScan for troubleshooting steps. I will report back with any useful information.
News about how log ACD and AYC on sd card with op 2.0?
I can log ACD and AYC directly with evoscan, but not with SD.
Wich "type" command to set logcfg.txt?

bye
Old Feb 9, 2018, 05:46 AM

Hi.
I need to read, change and then write ACD firmware on Evo VIII. I have Tactrix OP2.0. I know 100%, that ACD was flashed before me. I want to ask - firmware in ACD can be protected or not? Can I read firmware without fear?
Thanks!
Sorry for up theme.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 02:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can read without problems, but you have to wire the reflash pin to the ACD ecu connector.
bye

Quick Reply: HOW TO: In car ACD reflash / logging / tuning (evo 8/9)