Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Ets licp w/ vrsf intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ets licp w/ vrsf intercooler

Hey guys, first off, please move if posted in wrong section. Just curious, has anyone ever ran in to any fitment issues with an ETS LICP ans UICP and a VR Speed Factory 3.5" intercooler bolting together? I was gonna match my whole cooling with ETS, but, since I'm on a budget right now, I'm thinking of buying VRSF to save a couple hundred. Any info would be great, thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the ets licp with a vrsf 3.5 and no real issues with the Fitment.

The only issue is I did not receive any mounting hardware with the vrsf so I had to fab my own. It's a good fmic, but if I had to do it again I would have gone ETS. I had to cut some of the core support and a little of the plastic liner and spent couple hours trying to get it to fit right. I'm sure the ets has 0 fitment issues.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by vr4gasmtt
I have the ets licp with a vrsf 3.5 and no real issues with the Fitment.

The only issue is I did not receive any mounting hardware with the vrsf so I had to fab my own. It's a good fmic, but if I had to do it again I would have gone ETS. I had to cut some of the core support and a little of the plastic liner and spent couple hours trying to get it to fit right. I'm sure the ets has 0 fitment issues.
Damn really? It didn't come with any hardware? Stock hardware can't be used? What did you cut the support with?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I bought my Vrsf intercooler this year and it did have the mounting brackets but had to mess with the top one to work and stock hardware worked fine for me.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by edsct9a
I bought my Vrsf intercooler this year and it did have the mounting brackets but had to mess with the top one to work and stock hardware worked fine for me.
Did you have to cut the support as well?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

No it fit fine with it on but I just ended up removing it because it covered up some of the intercooler.
Edit: not sure which support you are talking about but I didn't have to do anything but fix the top mount.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:44 PM

No it fit fine with it on but I just ended up removing it because it covered up some of the intercooler.
Edit: not sure which support you are talking about but I didn't have to do anything but fix the top mount.
Did your LICP and UICP bolt up perfectly? I remember coming across a thread(can't remember where) someone had a VRSF IC and ETS piping and it was way off, like wasn't close to bolting and coupling to the end tanks. Maybe he just had a bad one.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

One side I had to muscle on, that's about it but I have the Muse piping. Next time I mess with it I'm going to get an angled coupler for it, should make it easier.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 07:36 PM

One side I had to muscle on, that's about it but I have the Muse piping. Next time I mess with it I'm going to get an angled coupler for it, should make it easier.
Yea that's my main concern. The piping and end tanks not being able to be coupled together lol
Old Jul 19, 2016, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We revised the brackets a while back in order to resolve the issue we had with other brands intercooler piping.

As far as the hardware, I wasn't aware the hardware wasn't included. I'll make sure our guys go through all the kits and include the proper hardware moving forward.

The FMIC should fit without any modification to your front brace. We sell about half a dozen of these a week and this is the first time I've heard of someone having an issue with the crash beam.
The following users liked this post:
kqodprez (Jul 19, 2016)