Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.

Girodisc EVO 8/9 Full Product Lineup!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All PM's replied!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
PM sent regarding Girodisc 2pc Slotted Floating Rotors.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pm sent in regards to brembo caliper rebuild kit.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:28 PM

Hey can you please PM me how much for the brembo front and rear caliper dust boot set shipped to 38002? thanks
Old Oct 13, 2013, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rotor Turn

I'm thinking of upgrading my magic pads to your SS pads. From some of the comments that I have read it would appear that having your rotors turned really helps eliminate the noise issue. Do you agree?

Thanks!
MAX
Old Oct 15, 2013, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OrangeMax
I'm thinking of upgrading my magic pads to your SS pads. From some of the comments that I have read it would appear that having your rotors turned really helps eliminate the noise issue. Do you agree?

Thanks!
MAX
Do you currently have our rotors and Magic pads and are having issues with noise? If so that is very strange as the Magic pads should be silent. Its very rare, almost never that we see noise issues with the Magic pads and there are a few tricks you can try to alleviate the problem but turning the rotors is usually the last resort and it might not even be the underlying issue. Feel free to give us a ring and we can talk things over and make sure we get everything working as it should.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Noise

Hi Martin,

I think you misunderstood my post. I do have your slot cut rotors and the magic pads. They work very well, but I am looking for a bit more braking force so I'm asking some questions about other brake pads and I noticed your high performance pad.

Traditionally I have always had my rotors turned or ground to get the best and quickest seating. I was wondering if you recommend this being done if I try your new pads.

Thanks!

MAX
Old Jan 17, 2014, 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OrangeMax
Hi Martin,

I think you misunderstood my post. I do have your slot cut rotors and the magic pads. They work very well, but I am looking for a bit more braking force so I'm asking some questions about other brake pads and I noticed your high performance pad.

Traditionally I have always had my rotors turned or ground to get the best and quickest seating. I was wondering if you recommend this being done if I try your new pads.

Thanks!

MAX
Ah I gotcha sorry about the confusion. Its not always necessary to cut the rotors specifically when going to a more aggressive pad since the more aggressive compound usually does a good job of taking off the existing transfer layer left behind from the less aggressive pads. Having said that we always recommend cutting the rotors so you're left with a good clean surface to obtain a nice uniform transfer layer on the rotors when you bed in the new pads.

Hope that helps, if you like the Magic pads but are looking for something a little more aggressive you'll love the S/S pads. Their initial bite and overall temperature capacity really take the braking system to the next level.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you still do the brake packages? I've seen a few different varieties here and there but availability seems to come and go. Interested in what packages you still offer and pricing.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 08:38 PM

Can you please PM me cost of a set of Rear Ultralight Rear rotors for a Evo 8 to 33309
Old Aug 2, 2016, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I know it's probably recommended to run the same rotors on all four corners, but given the cost, is it possible to mix the Girodisc fronts with some other brands (for example, a plain OEM one at the back). I suppose this may change the brake balance, but is it a huge concern?