Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Brembo, clear coat wax?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mifesto
to evo732man-------------wax cleans but doesnt protect? u got it in reverse buddy. besides cleaner wax which i personally never recommend to anyone, wax doesnt clean but only protects. ur wheel wouldnt have peeled probably if u actually waxed ur wheels. u do know most wheels have clearcoat too right? guess u didnt.

as for u spraying any paint, i would NEVER recommend that to anyone unless their calipers are already peeling and mitsu denied them. if u paint ur own, wave goodbye w/ anyone chance mitsu will replace.

to answer MYDREAMEVO, waxing the calipers makes perfect sense considering they are PAINTED SURFACE.
We are talking about the calipers buddy, not the clear coat on wheels. Mitsubishi didn't fix my calipers due to being out of warranty and lots of people paint the calipers, its perfectly fine. No wax will not protect your calipers at high heat. Try to touch them after a track day. Do you think wax will protect against the heat? You are entitle to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

Last edited by evo72man; Apr 12, 2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

u didnt read my previous posts carefully.... religious cleaning and waxing of the calipers is to protect it from brake dust ONLY, thats all im pushing.. never claimed it helped against heat

the reason why i mentioned ur wheels peeling is because u didnt seem to believe in the value of waxing painted surfaces. if ur wheel got pummeled by rock chips, it wouldnt peel only chip. peeling of the clearcoat on wheels is mostly from brake dust and road salt (which is exactly why u wax ur clearcoated wheels!). this is the case w/ any painted surface, wither it be on the body panel, wheel OR calipers.

Last edited by mifesto; Apr 12, 2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:40 PM

Sorry folks, but anyone that tells you wax and clean will keep them from browning on track is wrong. May might not brown if you're ducting tons of air to them and drive slow. Drive a few hot sessions and they turn brown instantly. And no, it's not brake dust.

Warren
Old Apr 12, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

ya this whole topic was about peeling.. i dont know why heat and calipers turning brown was even mentioned first of all (wasnt me). yes i agree w/ u wangspeed, heavy track driving will turn it brown and much harder to combat then peeling cuz of lack of care.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

So wait...people actually go through the trouble of taking off the wheels just to wax the calipers?
Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

well i hate my BBS wheel cuz i cant reach it well.... but i still manage