Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

downpipe and HFC installed *pics*

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
downpipe and HFC installed *pics*

So it was a nice day yesterday and me and a buddy installed the megan downpipe and ultimate racing 200 cell metal HFC. Both pieces look great!! Install went great, a few bolts were rusted down but nothing some elbow greese and liquid wrench can't handle. Here are some pics!!

Took the car for a test drive after the install, no leaks and no CEL so far!! Car is a tad louder with the full TBE compared to CBE only. Fitment is perfect. The donut gasket never came out of the o2 housing so i just mounted the downpipe right up, hopefully thats not going to be a problem. The cross bars needed washers to clear the megan downpipe. Both downpipe and HFC saved me some weight too. Overall these parts are A rated, the car definately feels a little more kick to it. Now i need a tune. i did notice how small the LICP is when i was under that car, that will definately be next on my list. I did not reset the ecu, does anyone know if i have to do that?? thanks for looking, enjoy! If you have questions about the install just ask!!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

looks good. The only thing that worries me is your O2 sensor hanging out right there...looks like an easy target... Also, with the O2 sensor pointed down like that, it is more likely to get moisture inside and rust out eventually, but I wouldn't be too worried. How much did you have to space the cross bars?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Looks good but I don't like how they had the 02 sensor sitting like that.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flip the hfc so the O2 is facing up! but looks good bro!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 08:35 AM

nice did you have a good fitment
Old Apr 11, 2010, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ive got the same downpipe but got the ultimate racing ceramic cat..the front cross bar has to be spaced out with 2 washers and the back one doesnt need spaced out at all. hopefully you will not get the cel because i did with the ceramic cat that is much much larger than yours. if you do i suggest moving the o2 sensor further down the exhaust stream so far that has helped me out without the light
Old Apr 11, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisBond1
do this asap. you have the cat upside down. xD
Old Apr 11, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisBond1
looks like if he does it'll be hitting the driveshaft, I'm guessing that's why it's on there like that
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

I would try to flip the cat for sure. And you more than likely going to pull a code after 1k miles or so. I went about 1200 and mine came on. Got the spark plug de fouler and drilled it out and no problems since.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by JFuego777
looks good. The only thing that worries me is your O2 sensor hanging out right there...looks like an easy target... Also, with the O2 sensor pointed down like that, it is more likely to get moisture inside and rust out eventually, but I wouldn't be too worried. How much did you have to space the cross bars?
As everyone else has said I would try and flip the cat around assuming the O2 sensor will not hit the drive shaft. With it hanging low like that it is prone to get damaged. At that angle moisture will also eventually cause issues with the sensor. Other than that everything looks good.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
just plug the bung for the cat and put the o2 in the o2 bung in the catback section
Old Apr 11, 2010, 05:12 PM

The o2 sensor is something that I looked at when we installed it. We placed it the other way but the driveshaft is in the way, so this is the only way it fit. There is an o2 bung on the catback that is more upright, so maybe i will relocate it in the future. I got my fingers crossed that I will have no CEL's. Fitment is great. The crossbars needed a few washers to make them fit, the front need 3 or 4 washers to fit, the back 1 or 2. Is there a need to reset the ecu? I didn't think there was but i've heard mixed opinions. Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

looks good where did you buy the cat from ?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by lowevo_IX
The o2 sensor is something that I looked at when we installed it. We placed it the other way but the driveshaft is in the way, so this is the only way it fit. There is an o2 bung on the catback that is more upright, so maybe i will relocate it in the future. I got my fingers crossed that I will have no CEL's. Fitment is great. The crossbars needed a few washers to make them fit, the front need 3 or 4 washers to fit, the back 1 or 2. Is there a need to reset the ecu? I didn't think there was but i've heard mixed opinions. Thanks.
No need to reset the ECU.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

i think he has to twist HFC.

Quick Reply: downpipe and HFC installed *pics*