Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

McCance208's Tarmac Black Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Astro_Train
Looking good... paint looks great especially for an 03. Black out those headlights. I would totally do a nose chop and JDM rear.
Thank you! I was very surprised when I found it how good it looked too. Dont get me wrong theres flaws here and there of course, and in certain lighting the clear coat on the rear drivers side door looks a little off. But overall its crazy nice for age! I definielty agree on the headlights, I'd love to find a black set or somehow open and do mine. I cant say im in love with the nose chop, maybe if I ever do a forward facing turbo, but the JDM bumper is on the list too!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:32 PM

Quick update;
Arashi turbo arrived at the end of last week. Installed over the weekend and everything is being buttoned up as I can this week. The car will be trailered to Slow Motion this Saturday and they'll spend a few days installing cams, head studs, valve springs, and timing equipment. Theyll finish it off with a Dyno tune and a Speed Density conversion as well. Ohio weather has been weird, 80 one day and snowing a few later. But by the time the car is back and road ready in a couple weeks we should be seeing some beautiful days to come and looking to kick off the season May 5th at the Akron Superfly Showdown. Hopefully sooner than later I can invest in some wheels (bias to the Rota Grids) and a nice set of summer style performance tires by the end of May. Getting nervous, hoping I have good luck with this car. I tend to treat my vehicles well, so with proper maintenance and little beating hoping everything goes well!

Last edited by McCance208; Apr 16, 2018 at 11:39 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:05 AM

clean and simple, love it
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by evobfy
clean and simple, love it
Thank you! Thats what I'm aiming for. Something that looks nice and clean and draws some attention, but has the power to it when I need it
Old Apr 23, 2018, 06:30 PM

Car has succesfully been trailed to Slow Motion this weekend. They should have the car for a little while finishing up the work! Very excited and very nervous for it all to be finished and back home! Meanwhile its just a matter of waiting patiently. In other news, if anyone is looking for an OEM 8 turbo I no longer need mine
Old May 4, 2018, 10:51 PM

Slow motion finished up my car Monday and I picked it up Tuesday! I would first like to say I have been extremely satisfied with this shop for their beyond excellent and professional work. I didn’t feel like another customer, I felt like a member of the team the whole time. I was updated with every bit as they worked on the car, and they stuck right on budget! But with that being said we did it;
Spoiler

I have the official Dyno sheet in my car and I will get it copied/uploaded as soon as I can! As for now, here’s a quick photo snapped from the same day I brought it home
Attached Files
Old May 7, 2018, 11:07 AM