Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brute Force Brake pads, POS!!!

Old May 6, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brute Force Brake pads, POS!!!

Had my brake pads changed to some BRUTE FORCE brake pads. A well know tuner here in Dallas said that they were damn good. Well, it has been a couple on months now and from day one thye are loud as hell. I mean annoying loud screeching. At a high spped stop( over 20mph) it isn't super loud but loud enough to hear it over my catless exhaust and almost sound like metal to metal. At low speed stops(from about 10mph to stop) they sound like an old school bus, reall long and hollow eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrccccccchhhh!!. When they get heated up, let says one panic stop. They sound like 10 school buses in a big metal building. Is there anything I can do? The tuner that put them on is very well know her in Dallas for EVOs. I had a friend that works for Mitsubishi service dept take a look at them and her said that they are installed correctly. Any ideas? ANything I can do to quiet them down?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2005, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Any idea people? Maybe what i can do?
Old May 6, 2005, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
search first off you need to install the metel shims from the stock ones and u need to use A LOT! of caliper greese a certin kind very easy to find out and if this is done then something else is wrong throw them away? lol
Old May 6, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

maybe too aggressive of a compound for street driving? my track pads are loud as ****, but they stop the car damn good.
Old May 9, 2005, 10:56 AM

A little bit OT, but can you give me contact info for this person? I bought an evo recently and am looking for a good tuner around the dallas area. Thanks.