Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Adjustable Camber Plate question??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adjustable Camber Plate question??

I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is OK running the adjustable camber plates without having the coilovers? The reason I ask is because this year I'm focusing a little bit more on the AutoX, and the setup that I had in mind would involve the stock suspension plus the camber plates. Oryginally they would be alligned for the street driving but when I would participate in the event I would like to change the setup it to get a little bit more handling.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

no problem - many have dual purpose cars set up this way
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

One more question, if I align the car let say at the 0 position, and then I change the setup to a little negative for the event, and then go back to the 0, will I screw up the alignment or is it still going to be fine?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:42 AM
djh
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bexa20
One more question, if I align the car let say at the 0 position, and then I change the setup to a little negative for the event, and then go back to the 0, will I screw up the alignment or is it still going to be fine?
You'll get too much toe-in as you add more negative camber. It's really not a problem to run -2 degrees up front all the time.

Dave
Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djh
You'll get too much toe-in as you add more negative camber. It's really not a problem to run -2 degrees up front all the time.

Dave
+1, if you start out at zero and add in a lot more negative camber, you'll end up killing your front tires and your turn-in. Just get a good alignment with the camber you want and you'll be fine.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the thing, I don't want to overkill the tires that I drive on the streets, if I get 30K out of them I will be happy, I almost got 25K with the stock ones but I ripped them by the end of the year because I was putting the winter tires on and I knew I would not use them again. I have another set of 18s that I will use for the street and for AutoX I will be using stock rim with the Toyo RA1. That is why I'm asking if it would be fine to align the car to the factory spec, but for the event add a little camber and then change it back to the factory spec.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing that really kills tires is an excessive amount of toe. You can get away with running negative camber if your alignment is good. Right now I'm running -2.7 F and -1.7 rear with a slight amount of toe-out on Falken Ziex's as my daily driver tires. So far they're not showing any adverse effects of that alignment and it's been over 5000 miles now. Keep track of your tire pressures and you should be fine.