Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Blinking Anti-Lock Indicator

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinking Anti-Lock Indicator

Hello Everyone,

I recently acquired the openEcu tatrix cable. I have not done any programming yet. I have read out my ROM, but I have yet to ever write anything back to the ECU. I'm going to be doing a lot of logging before any tinkering. Well ever since I read out the ROM, my Anti-lock indicator on my dash blinks when ever I'm not moving. It does not matter what the engine is doing. It depends on speed. So when ever I start the car or come to rest, the light blinks. Even if I'm on a hill stopped and I don't even press the gas, I just let off the brake and start rolling, the indicator stops blinking. I do not have any Check Engine lights or codes.

I was going to replace my pads anyway and tonight I did just that. I replaced my Ferodo DS2500 with some more street friendly Hawks. I figured when I do my next Track Driving School, I'll pick up a dedicated set of track pads. Anyway, that did not seem to affect the anti-lock indicator's behavior. It still blinks whenever the car is not moving.

The next thing I'm going to try tomorrow morning before I drive into work is just resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery. Maybe that will do the trick.

Thanks for any help,
smanders
Old Jan 17, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Unplug the tactrix cable if you still have it plugged in down there.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 20psiMR
Unplug the tactrix cable if you still have it plugged in down there.
Well, that did the trick. Seems obvious, but I of course unplugged it from the computer thinking the cable was powered by the USB side and not the OBDII.

Does anyone know how or why the tactrix cable flashes the anit-lock brake indicator when the car is not moving? Its very annoying. I have heard about some inline ECU controllers flashing the indicator when there was excessive knock. Would that be possible with a tactrix setup?

Moderators, feel free to move this to the EcuFlash forum or where ever is appropriate for the tactrix cable discussions.

smanders
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Some cars flash it, and some dont its really weird. It might be the way the cable was made, who knows. Mine I leave plugged into the obd all the time and I have no issues. Its not knock, I can tell you that for sure. Just plug it in when you are logging or tuning and should be fine, glad that was it hehe.