Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

what are the best dd/seldom track brake pads???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My experience with the bluestuff's on my DD/autox/Track EVO... fine on track, fine for DD, no comparison to the top autoX compound pads though.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Bassicfun
My experience with the bluestuff's on my DD/autox/Track EVO... fine on track, fine for DD, no comparison to the top autoX compound pads though.
I dont want to send this thread OT but what would you say is the top auto x pad?

I didnt think there would be one clear cut winner due to major differences in vehicles weight and tire selection.

Personally my setup consists of the following:
-DBA 4000 slotted rotors
-StopTech Street Pads F/R
-Techna-fit SS brake lines
-Amsoil Brake fluid.
-255/40-17 star specs
~3200lbs
~400awhp/400awtq

With 90 second runs I havent experienced any brake issues. I also run dd the Stoptech pads and I have no issues, good cold bite, not much compression, linear feel just overall no issues to report. I have absolutely no complaints but I'm curious what you feel is the best autox pad.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawks hps are awsome brake pads for DD
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I run yellows I dd and I ran them on my first Hpde event. I did get brake fade from them once or twice but they served well. If you can afford a dd pad and track then get the blues. Otherwise yellows are good for both but they do neat a tad of heat to to get them to bite on the street but nothing serious. A bit noisy but you have to sacrifice somewhere. Ferodos where a quieter pad but pricey.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EriCS
I run yellows I dd and I ran them on my first Hpde event. I did get brake fade from them once or twice but they served well. If you can afford a dd pad and track then get the blues. Otherwise yellows are good for both but they do neat a tad of heat to to get them to bite on the street but nothing serious. A bit noisy but you have to sacrifice somewhere. Ferodos where a quieter pad but pricey.
i would agree that they need some heat to really work but they work just as good cold as my stalkers. then when i get them hot look out they have some bite. i don’t know how they compare to other pads other than the stalk and these bluestuff. i need to do some research on the bluestuff vs the ferodos. i got the blue stuffs cause i had herd they had decent bite cold and good hot bite. i dd the evo and im a little lazy to dont switch pads but i will once i start racing more.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HP+ is the easy button for a competitive autoX pad on the EVO, though they squeel a good deal on the street and dust a ton.. But they work well from cold through the temps seen at larger national events well.