Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

what are the best dd/seldom track brake pads???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any good things about the EBC Yellow Stuff 4000 R Series brake pads

just wondering if anyone has used or thinks the EBC Yellow Stuff pads are any decent. I mean 100 bucks for pads.. they have to be good?? let me know what you guys think..
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Search?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ow-review.html

Will these be for street, AX, or track use? If track, what tires and size are you running. Blues would be a better track pad on the Evo (handle heavier cars).
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Search?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ow-review.html

Will these be for street, AX, or track use? If track, what tires and size are you running. Blues would be a better track pad on the Evo (handle heavier cars).

good review man... makes me think the reds will be too weak, and for en evo with the weight and speed i think the yellows the best bet. its going to be mostly daily with a few track days.. but the blue is just too much of a high heat track pad.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

You are going to want to run separate pads for track and street. Don't cheap out on brakes.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AdamWest
good review man... makes me think the reds will be too weak, and for en evo with the weight and speed i think the yellows the best bet. its going to be mostly daily with a few track days.. but the blue is just too much of a high heat track pad.
I would do Reds for street use and front Yellows or Blues for track days. Evo pads are very easy to swap over.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I wouldn't use Yellows on track. They're great for autox though. I destroyed a set of Yellows in one track day, and as have a few others I know. For track, they're intended for cars <2200lbs or so. I heard that from EBC themselves. I've got a set of the blues now and I plan to test at Laguna Seca this weekend.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, Blues are what the Evo platform called for (heavier car, more heat). I have a set of Blues to install next season to test out. But from those I know with the Evo and Blues -- they like them.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have ran both yellows and blues on the evo, the newer blues are a good pad, although I have not put them through a track day pace yet, the yellows I have both track time and autoX time on, and were solid pads. I expect the blues to be the same or even better.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:10 AM

so would you consider the yellow good for street? or the red? and i may do like a few track days but nothing more than a handful so i dont think it is necessary to buy a whole new set for track?? idk
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Brakes are a safety part. In my book, you need at least front race pads. Otherwise, you're playing with your own life/car and others.

I DD on Yellows on my SVTF. Supraboy in NTEC/TX runs the Yellows on this X MR daily.

I would get the Red/Yellow for DD and then a front set of Blues for track days. Evos are very easy to swap in/out.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^ I agree with Smike. I forgot to mention it was only the front Yellows I had issues with. The rears were fine when I pulled them out. The Yellows are fine for DD, and have plenty of cold bite. I haven't had any experience with the Reds.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Like I mentioned in another thread I am using the Blues front & rear for DD...they seem to also have some pretty good cold bite...I have yet to use them on the track but they will get some nice track use in the spring...I already signed up for a track day event at NJMP in the spring...The brake dust is kinda bad with the blues though...that is my only complaint so far...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Like I mentioned in another thread I am using the Blues front & rear for DD...they seem to also have some pretty good cold bite...I have yet to use them on the track but they will get some nice track use in the spring...I already signed up for a track day event at NJMP in the spring...The brake dust is kinda bad with the blues though...that is my only complaint so far...
good to know about the blues as well
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Brakes are a safety part. In my book, you need at least front race pads. Otherwise, you're playing with your own life/car and others.

I DD on Yellows on my SVTF. Supraboy in NTEC/TX runs the Yellows on this X MR daily.

I would get the Red/Yellow for DD and then a front set of Blues for track days. Evos are very easy to swap in/out.
i think yellows seem like the ones.. do you know if the dust is issue with these?? and also some different pads you would recommend over the yellows??
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Hows the dust with reds and yellows? Looks like blues are dust busters.

Quick Reply: what are the best dd/seldom track brake pads???