Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 07:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by RaLlyReDeVo8
i have a evo 8 lowered on tanabe gf210 springs
i just purchased advan RS 18x9 +29 Tires: 255/35R18
what do i need to do to fit these?
Certainly one of the best wheels for the EVO. I run the same in 17".

You will need a roll at the min. Please dont add camber to fit, thats not the way to fit the wheel assembly. Aggressive camber should only be added for EVO's that hit the track. You will only be disappointed

Remove the rear strut & push the wheel/tire into the well as noted in the pic above. Then you will know where you stand
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious

You will need a roll at the min. Please dont add camber to fit, thats not the way to fit the wheel assembly. Aggressive camber should only be added for EVO's that hit the track. You will only be disappointed

Remove the rear strut & push the wheel/tire into the well as noted in the pic above. Then you will know where you stand
thank you
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:36 AM

if i drop down to a 245/40/18 would it possibly clear?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 05:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

245/40/18 is pretty tall. My good guess is that, yes, a roll will be necessary. The 35 series profile may work but looks wimpy

My suggestion is to get a professional roll from a trusted shop. Dont let them cut! (roll only)
Tire fitment is a bit of an art form w/many variables. The goal is to find a pkg that you want & make the fender adjustments for a no rub fit. (make sure you articulate the rear susp fully to ensure clearance)
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:16 AM

thanks again ill do that
Old Mar 9, 2013, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^Let me share a pic, many have seen but is really a great teaching tool

You noted youre a track guy, so true wheel fitment must be important

Look at the pic. If the wheel/tire assy cant do whats in the pic, then is just doesn't fit

+22 is very hard to fit with any wide tire. Personally +28 to +35 is the range to shoot for & even these offsets will require fender work depending on tire size
Well... +22 is going to be rough you were right...... R888 run wide and a simple ROLL is not going to cut it... asking the body shop if they can even roll and Pull... we all think no way... so I will be talking to Mike @ Evasivemotorsports who hooked me up with these to buy something else...

SO Something else... is my next question: need a 17X something... need to run my 255/40... what is the BEST wheel that WILL fit ... and i know a ROLL is required... any suggestions... ????

Let me give you the setup below:
R888 on 17x9 +22 57DR's I am running -1.5 Camber pure track setup here is what that looks like on the car... just 1 wheel I mounted up because i was worried about this: (I will not be changing the camber for a wheel... that is just wrong)

Old Mar 9, 2013, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Ok i've been looking through this thread multiple times. MinusPrevious helped me a lot with that photo he posted and the two calculators but im not completely sure how to use them.

So my question is with my work cr kai 18x9.5's im running 265's currently and +20 offset all around. I was trying to decide whether to change the rear two wheels for the +30 offset. Will that fit? my rear fenders are rolled

Or my other choice is to get 18x9.5 Nt03 M+'s with +27 offset all around. Will 255's fit without serious camber and being sort of low? (this question has been asked but there are so many conflicting answers that I've read)
Old Mar 9, 2013, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ApexEVoIX03
Ok i've been looking through this thread multiple times. MinusPrevious helped me a lot with that photo he posted and the two calculators but im not completely sure how to use them.

So my question is with my work cr kai 18x9.5's im running 265's currently and +20 offset all around. I was trying to decide whether to change the rear two wheels for the +30 offset. Will that fit? my rear fenders are rolled

Or my other choice is to get 18x9.5 Nt03 M+'s with +27 offset all around. Will 255's fit without serious camber and being sort of low? (this question has been asked but there are so many conflicting answers that I've read)

I have a friend with a 9 and he has VOLK TE37's 18x9.5 +29 and running 265/35 he rolled them good... and he is lowered like me for track and has 0 rub... running -1.5 camber in the rear...

as you can see from my post every tire and wheel combo is different... i think i would have been fine if my wheels were +29 offset...

+20 is even more aggressive than my +22 you should see my post... and the close up photos i took today...
Old Mar 9, 2013, 04:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

ApexEVoIX03/ Check this comparison between the 265/35/18 & my set-up
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...&Submit=Submit Hoping this link comparison works.

As you can see, there is little difference between the 2. Ive got the full measure of the stock rear fender mods. (roll,pull,bumper bolt & a couple of others)

I think the conflicting info youre getting is due to guys who think they fit because they run high compression springs, high ride height, high negative camber, only rub when they hit hard bumps, etc, etc.

To run the aggressive (BIG) rubber, you have to work the fenders (more than rolling)

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Mar 9, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Knightr
I have a friend with a 9 and he has VOLK TE37's 18x9.5 +29 and running 265/35 he rolled them good... and he is lowered like me for track and has 0 rub... running -1.5 camber in the rear...

as you can see from my post every tire and wheel combo is different... i think i would have been fine if my wheels were +29 offset...

+20 is even more aggressive than my +22 you should see my post... and the close up photos i took today...
Yea i looked at those earlier before i posted.. Its pretty much how mine are currently except im running a lot more negative camber about -2.5 and still rubbing in the back but barely. I think the +30 will make it work

ApexEVoIX03/ Check this comparison between the 265/35/18 & my set-up
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...&Submit=Submit Hoping this link comparison works.

As you can see, there is little difference between the 2. Ive got the full measure of the stock rear fender mods. (roll,pull,bumper bolt & a couple of others)

I think the conflicting info youre getting is due to guys who think they fit because they run high compression springs, high ride height, high negative camber, only rub when they hit hard bumps, etc, etc.

To run the aggressive (BIG) rubber, you have to work the fenders (more than rolling)
That helps a lot more.. So by that view it looks like it will fit with a little negative camber if that black line is the fender. Im running -2.5 right now in the back just so it would rub less till i can get new wheels. So i think with the more evo friendly offset (+30) it will make it work.

As far as the nt03's these people that run 255's on the +27, are they running crazy negative camber to have them fit?

thanks for your help again man
Old Mar 9, 2013, 06:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^^^Just so you know, those black lines are the tires

Keep us posted on your progress

Joe
Old Mar 9, 2013, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

wow got it now.. I'll post when i got the new ones on

thanks again for your help
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:47 PM

I'm looking into buying some mb battles 17x9 with a 30 offset or 17x9.5 with a 15 offset. Which would fit better into a 2006 mr, will i need to roll my fenders at all and what size tires will fit best on each?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Deanjobs666
I'm looking into buying some mb battles 17x9 with a 30 offset or 17x9.5 with a 15 offset. Which would fit better into a 2006 mr, will i need to roll my fenders at all and what size tires will fit best on each?
The 17x9 +30 is a solid aggressive choice for the stock EVO body. I would go w/a 255/40 tire (Check w/others on the front caliper fitment of the MB's)
You will need at the very least a roll. This is also very close to requiring a slight pull & a bumper bolt re-locate

The +15 is a disaster. Please stay away from offsets below +28

My .02
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys do Evo X Enkeis fit IXs without any spacers or issue?

Quick Reply: Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions