Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Any need for extra bracing on Evo9.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
^ My WORKS 4-point trunk cage gives me the same reaction!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
With all the bracing, do you notice many (less/more?) buzzes and rattles in the cabin?
Almost none!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:53 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJ9MR
The JDM Nagisa fender bars can cost between $300.00 - $400.00 . Installation is about two hours. Take the fenders off and two mouting points are behind the door hinges. Drill one small hole on each side of the fender chassis area, align the front doors and you are ready!
Damn, from what I can remember I paid under $300 shipped for my fender braces, brand new 3 yrs or so ago.

In regards to bracing...I have front & rear strut tower bars (did the rear bar do anything? No clue...It did on my GSX 7 yrs ago, haha). I also have the RS rear trunk bar, which probably didn't do anything, oh well. I have the RMR front K brace that replaced the front 2 bars under the downpipe. I used to have a harness bar but sold it because I plan on purchasing the BR removable harness bar. For autox events there was definitely a noticeable difference in the chassis with the harness bar. I also have the fender braces. Before the fender braces my alignment was always slightly off. After the fender braces my toe was dead nuts on. I have been thinking about picking up a Beatrush performance Floor bar or a similar item. I think that combined with a harness bar would help stiffen the chassis up a good amount.

In my opinion, most of the bracing out there is a waste of $$ & just a bunch of added weight to the car that isn't needed.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
I heard the only bracing that actually makes a difference is fender bracing, and that it's a relatively significant difference. I looked into all these sorts of things a few months ago https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...eakpoints.html
great thread! is there a "great thread" thread?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ9MR
The JDM Nagisa fender bars can cost between $300.00 - $400.00 . Installation is about two hours. Take the fenders off and two mouting points are behind the door hinges. Drill one small hole on each side of the fender chassis area, align the front doors and you are ready!

Despite the negative responses, if you like your car to feel rigid, being a daily driver, or a track car, I feel this is a great mod, along with the chassis under bracing! I did these mods for me, not for them!

I have a few braces here and there on my car, the fender braces made the most differance. I drive a lot of Evo's, none of them feel as solid and planted to the road as mine, maybe the braces help.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 235 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by wjamyers
great thread! is there a "great thread" thread?
yeah, it's my sig! lololol jk

in general i do think it's fender bracing that's the best outside of a cage
Old Dec 2, 2011, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Damn, from what I can remember I paid under $300 shipped for my fender braces, brand new 3 yrs or so ago.

In regards to bracing...I have front & rear strut tower bars (did the rear bar do anything? No clue...It did on my GSX 7 yrs ago, haha). I also have the RS rear trunk bar, which probably didn't do anything, oh well. I have the RMR front K brace that replaced the front 2 bars under the downpipe. I used to have a harness bar but sold it because I plan on purchasing the BR removable harness bar. For autox events there was definitely a noticeable difference in the chassis with the harness bar. I also have the fender braces. Before the fender braces my alignment was always slightly off. After the fender braces my toe was dead nuts on. I have been thinking about picking up a Beatrush performance Floor bar or a similar item. I think that combined with a harness bar would help stiffen the chassis up a good amount.

In my opinion, most of the bracing out there is a waste of $$ & just a bunch of added weight to the car that isn't needed.
Unless you plan on buying used you should probably buy one like...right now. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...eady-ship.html
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
I have a trunk cage, as well, and would like a 6-point underbrace. I can't say the cage was responsible for a jump in handling and response, but I really like having it. To me, a rigid car is a better car, even if in theory. My Evo, too, seem to have less rattles (as in none) than many others. Mostly, I think it's due to the car never getting screwed-up - it's almost stock - but I also think that additional bracing may have had something to do with it. Hard to say. Ultimately, opening the trunk and seeing the cage there makes me smile.
Originally Posted by deeman101
Unless you plan on buying used you should probably buy one like...right now. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...eady-ship.html
We were able to get a final production run going for these -

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...rness-bar.html

Ultimate solution for street evos that need to run a harness - NO tools required to remove the harness bar, really the ONLY solution for evos driven on the street. This is the last chance for anyone who missed out before
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
The two lower bars seem lame with their slotted holes to fit manufacturing imperfections. Those bolts may slip with any high performance driving. I'd suggest welding up the holes and redrilling to an exact fit. In other words, improve the bracing that is already there.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
The two lower bars seem lame with their slotted holes to fit manufacturing imperfections. Those bolts may slip with any high performance driving. I'd suggest welding up the holes and redrilling to an exact fit. In other words, improve the bracing that is already there.
huh
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
huh
The front axle cross member bars.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIT-EVO-8-9-...item336b087b2c

$160 shipped