Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Sub Frame Rigid Collars

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to look at how the Evo's subframe is mounted, but the 240sx community has used subframe collars for decades now with great success. You can feel the difference on a 240sx.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I've got some headlight fluid and muffler bearings for sale.

Guaranteed +5 hp.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nightwalker
I have to look at how the Evo's subframe is mounted, but the 240sx community has used subframe collars for decades now with great success. You can feel the difference on a 240sx.

Were you looking for pics of this?:

Dri side of the subframe.

dri side forward stud

dri side rear mount

I have my car torn apart doing my rebuild so thats why I was able to snap these for ya.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by golgo13

Guaranteed +5 hp.

flywheel or awhp?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by golgo13

Guaranteed +5 hp.
Obviously you can only guarantee the 5 HP if it comes with the brand decals.

Last edited by jdizzle37; Aug 24, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

TommiM: Thanks for the pics. Hope you're able to get your car all back together sooner than later.

Originally Posted by nightwalker
Thanks for sharing the 240SX community feedback. I think the trouble with things like this is that for some people it'll be a noticeable difference and to others it won't be noticeable at all. I guess that's just natural differences in sensitivity among drivers but just because someone doesn't feel a profound difference doesn't mean something is not doing it's job and is necessarily a placebo effect.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 734 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by jdizzle37
TommiM: Thanks for the pics. Hope you're able to get your car all back together sooner than later.

Thanks for sharing the 240SX community feedback. I think the trouble with things like this is that for some people it'll be a noticeable difference and to others it won't be noticeable at all. I guess that's just natural differences in sensitivity among drivers but just because someone doesn't feel a profound difference doesn't mean something is not doing it's job and is necessarily a placebo effect.
Lol, not that I am anywhere near this but some of the guys responding in this thread are the who's who of Evo auto-x. You're barking up the wrong tree with comments like that...
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Any pics of the rear? I don't see the front benefiting from any kind of collar or spacer.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Lol, not that I am anywhere near this but some of the guys responding in this thread are the who's who of Evo auto-x. You're barking up the wrong tree with comments like that...
I'm not sure why you feel like I'm trying to instigate something with anyone or how that's remotely offensive, but I was posting my thoughts as to maybe why people feel a difference while others don't with something minor. Everyone is welcome to their opinion in here but I'm interested in hearing tangible explanations if they feel this functions or not and why.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
griceiv, thanks for the info on the effect of moving the subframe around. I was curious if what motion you can get out of them was actually enough to cause an alignment change.

FWIW, even without the subframes bolted on I can put the car on 3 jackstands and still level it out perfectly without a hint of flex anywhere. The EVO chassis is STIFF.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was shopping around online and actually found a very similiar item for a much lower price on amazon. I installed them on my evo x and I was quite surprised that they actually made some difference. For all you guys that want to take a look then here is the link below:

Amazon.com: Made in USA Subframe alignment sleeve kit with Mil Spec Anodization Coating For 08-14 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X 10 CZ4A: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Made in USA Subframe alignment sleeve kit with Mil Spec Anodization Coating For 08-14 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X 10 CZ4A: Sports & Outdoors

These ones are actually for the front sub frame and I am currently looking for rear sub frame ones.