Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

RRE Great Shop !!!. Great Service...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking RRE Great Shop !!!. Great Service...

I recently had them work on my car , and since i track the car doing suspension upgrade was a must . But since i have so much to learn my next step was to do at RRE their alignment, rear sway bar and bushing set up by John L. Mueller ...
The car handles night and day , all wheels now are in full contact , takes turns amazing ... Plus excellent customer services by the guys at RRE...
Can't wait till i take the car back to the track and see what it can do on hard corners..
+ i had the chance for John to drive the car around (test run ) and see what the car can do at its best ...
i still can't believe what is capable ...
Thanks a lot John for your amazing work "YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!"
My next step is the JIC set up by John @ RRE ( let John work the magic on the car )
You guys have a customer for life ....
Old Mar 17, 2004, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey, that is exactly what I should have said about John/ RRE. I did get the JIC s and it's just like you said.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

its amazing what the car can do with the properly tune suspension by john at RRE...
Old Mar 18, 2004, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I ask how much all this cost?

Can't afford JICs, and this sounds like the next best thing.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

When the did the realignment, do you know what camber specs they set in the front and rear? And what kind of bushings did they use?
Old Mar 18, 2004, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Nevermind about the bushing question. I just checked the Road Race site and saw that they are urethane. Do the new bushings make much noise? And I heard that you really need to be able to lube urethane bushings or they will have a problem with binding.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 08:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Buschings custom made and EVO specific and yes they lube'em well. Want into the EVOM HOF...better talk to John Mueller before you waste a lot of Rubber Race, gas, and brake pads.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info robi. I appreciate it, and I'll definitely get in touch with John soon. Thanks again.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Hot Feces
May I ask how much all this cost?

Can't afford JICs, and this sounds like the next best thing.
The alignment with the rear sway bar install is 350.00
You can add the bushings for 90.00 + installation . Theres no noise level waht so ever with the bushings (not that i have heard or notice)
If you can not afford the JIC and you plan to track the car , this is the best thing . The only reason i didn't go right away with the JIC magic set up by RRE , is because i want to get the best out of the stock suspension and learn to drive the car alot better on the track. Before i go that route , but believe me is on the LIST !!
Give RRE a call 1-562-777-1522
or email john .. to set up an appointment. Believe me its one of the best investment i have made to the car .
Old Mar 19, 2004, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GokuSSj4

... The only reason i didn't go right away with the JIC magic set up by RRE , is because i want to get the best out of the stock suspension and learn to drive the car alot better on the track. Before i go that route , but believe me is on the LIST !!
With all due respect, you might want to think twice about doing so. The JIC units depending on level of customization provide such a dramatic difference in handling, in a positive way, that you will have to re-learn pretty much from scratch.

With stiffer suspension and chassis setup, weight transfer, hence chassis dynamics' changes in cornering are significantly faster and different in feel than the stock setup. You will have to develop a new levels of senses and reflexes to pickup what the chassis is doing underneath you or the messages it is sending back to you. If you get too acustomed to the stock setup, your bottom's feeling and reflexes will be too slow to properly drive the new setup.

Even shift points will change, advanced driving techniques; such as trail braking and various corner entry points will also change. Especially trail braking becomes a whole new adventure

I hope you don't take this as a criticism, I just wanted to point out few potential downfalls related to track driving and chassis setup.

Just my 1+1 cents, happy tracking
Old Mar 20, 2004, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Aaron on a stock RRE'ized suspension with their rear bar on toyo ra1's ran 2:07's at Buttonwillow...that's a stock HP car My Stage IV Buschur got me to 2:04's on the same rubber. (man I got to learn how to drive) Way to go Aaron...