Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
View Poll Results: Brake Poll - warping and pad type?
Not Warped - Aftermarket Pads
7.80%
Not Warped - Stock Pads
46.10%
Warped - Aftermarket Pads
7.80%
Warped - Stock Pads
38.30%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Brake Poll - warping and pad type

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 05:04 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have used both stock pads and Carbotech Bobcats. The Bobcats were far to noisy for me and I removed them after about a week. My stock pads exhibit symptoms of rotor warping almost monthly but it is just pad transfer. It goes away after a few evolutions of threshold braking. Turning the rotors will also cure the problem temporarily but significantly reduce the life of the rotors. Try to burn off the pad build up before puting the rotors on a lathe.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

While I didn't like the Carbotech Bobcats I definitely like the Carbotech XP-8s I've been running. If I use plenty of anti-squeal they are fine (quiet) between track days, but I tend to burn the anti-squeal off at the track. The XP-8s are significantly better than stock in both bite and fade resistance.

Looking at the results of this poll has given me an idea for another one. I'm still looking for the "miracle cure" to the pad transfer/rotor warping problem.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Just curious, of those who've had these problems, has anyone gotten new ROTORS and had the problem(s) go away entirely???