Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Can someone tell me what springs setup he has exactly?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone tell me what springs setup he has exactly?

From what I know, he's running bilstein bps with swift springs (front 20k, rear 18k)
Which swift springs exactly tho? Sport, sport spec-r, metric? I want his exact drop. I have bilstein's with skunk 2 lowering springs, I'm also running the same wheel set up as him, volk te37rt 18x10.5

Thank you.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 08:13 PM

I'm guessing they're the metric ones. ID 60MM, what length would the spring be? There's 5" - 9"
Bump, can anyone help? lol.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Buy adjustable coilovers and go to town. Since you don't care about ride quality, any coilovers will do to get you lower.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 09:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by xttnx93

From what I know, he's running bilstein bps with swift springs (front 20k, rear 18k)
Thank you.
Unless we were familiar w/his build no way to tell what he's running. One thing we know is that no one runs a 20k spring

As noted, for sure he's on adj coilovers like most of us here
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
Buy adjustable coilovers and go to town. Since you don't care about ride quality, any coilovers will do to get you lower.
I would, but I honestly don't need all the extra settings, it's not like I plan to track my vehicle anytime soon.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Unless we were familiar w/his build no way to tell what he's running. One thing we know is that no one runs a 20k spring

As noted, for sure he's on adj coilovers like most of us here
Negative, he's on bilstein's with swift springs.
http://www.street-cover.com/lek-shu-evo/
Old Dec 18, 2015, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, so what are you asking then? You already know his setup

You clearly don't care about handling, so any adjustable coilover will give you whatever drop you want.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 02:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
He is on adjustable coilovers. No one makes lowering springs for that amount of drop. Good luck ruining your car.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
Ok, so what are you asking then? You already know his setup

You clearly don't care about handling, so any adjustable coilover will give you whatever drop you want.
No, I don't know lol, that's why I'm asking. All I know is his spring rate. I don't know what the length of the springs are or the inner diameter of the spring or what sort of swifts he is running. That's what I want to figure out, what custom swift springs will work on the bilstein's. And let me repeat myself, "I would, but I honestly don't need all the extra settings, it's not like I plan to track my vehicle anytime soon." I want to stick to my bilsten's for now, and just upgrade the lowering springs. I don't NEED the all the settings of dampening and height adjust-ability on the fly. Remaining static is fine for what I'm doing. Thank you.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 02:18 PM

I'm closing the thread, thanks anyways guys.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

You're missing the point: stock Bilstein can't go that low on any springs that are sold. Sure you can cut them, but that's horrible and should never be done

He's not on stock Bilstein like you are

You need the adjustability of adjustable coilovers if you want to go that low. You need to be able to play with ride height (stock Bilsteins have no control over this outside of springs), you need to be able to adjust spring rates (stock Bilsteins are limited to what Swift, GTWorx, Tien, etc., etc produce), you need to be able to adjust camber (you can get adjustable camber plates, but in stock form the Bilsteins can't change much)

Coilover springs are nearly all the same length unless you're getting custom length ones. Springs don't control the ride height on coilovers, they control the stiffness. They play a small part in ride height, but they're not the main benefactor.

I'm not saying this to make you feel dumb or something, I'm trying to explain why we're saying you need adjustable coilovers to get your car that low; it's just not something that can be done on the stock suspension
Old Dec 18, 2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by xttnx93
I would, but I honestly don't need all the extra settings, it's not like I plan to track my vehicle anytime soon.
Cheap coilovers are used for nothing other than what your looking for, and the extra settings your talking about are compression/rebound adjustments (if that) which since you dont care about ride quality wont matter to you. Most likely this guy is on some type of coilovers, or cut spring which as stated above is a very bad idea. Go buy a set of ebay coilovers for $500 and youll achieve what you want, but at least youll be able to raise your car back up when you get tired of it having no functionality.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 06:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

This car has the Bilstein BPS kit which looks like their entry level adjustable height C/o

The article notes he running the 20K/18k which sounds ridiculous & noted the ride is a bit harsh He's running this rate because he didnt want any fender rub

Stretched 235/40's

http://www.thirdworldsociety.com/shusevo/

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Dec 18, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the info guys. It does seem crazy stiff what's he's running huh? I was gona stick to 10k/12k. I'll have to look for a decent set of coils, most likely around $1000+ then.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 07:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

A high quality C/o that may fit your budget is something a lot of us run. Call Terry at FA & tell him what your doing w/your EVO & he will build you a set of FA500's

http://www.fortune-auto.com/

Quick Reply: Can someone tell me what springs setup he has exactly?