Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

My Green dyno

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those figures are the relative gains at that particular rpm noted, not at peak. I'm still amazed of how hard it pulls at the top end

Originally Posted by EVO-EVO-EVO
Based on these numbers your math does not add up for calculated gains. I understand your point about the Dyno you used, but just curious how you calculated the gains? I am sure your MR must feel very powerful now! Thank you for posting the Car's results!

Bob -

Last edited by LVSBB6; Nov 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
Ben, I don't think MD dyno graphs says SAE on the plot, pretty sure they are corrected values though.

You may be right on the conversion on the whp, but i think the wtq on the MD may read even lower. I previously dyno'ed with my stock turbo setup with all my mods tuned at 26.5psi tapering to 21psi at Dynapak and put down 294whp and 310wtq.

Did you put down 355wtq as you sig stated? I thought it says 335wtq on your dyno Either way I am surprised on the torque you were putting down with your car.
What kind of boost/timing were you running to get those numbers? Were you running high octane gas?
Leo,

I know they like to give customers uncorrected number to make them happier and I used to be one of their customer

My concern is results from before and after. I seriously think your car can make more power than that since you got a huge investment to the power mods.

My car is making 335.2TQ with 25psi tapering down to 18 psi and I am only running 94CHEVRON , I did not touch the cam timing based on the cobb stage 2 map. Actually, I will do more street tuning and I will re-dyno again, my power curve is not very smooth and some rpm ranges are still a bit too rich.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I called to verify that my numbers are corrected values.

My tune is very conservative at the moment, my AF is hovering around 10.9 to 11.0 at the top end, and we eliminate any knock counts throughout the entire power band. It`s not a bad idea to run a bit safer to make sure everything is running well before pushing it a bit further. I`m sure there is still room for improvement for my tune.

I`m really impressed with your figures on the dynapack, your exhaust probably helps the top end quite a bit. My Blitz exhaust could be a bit restrictive in comparison since it is a standard muffler design.

Originally Posted by AJ PwR
Leo,

I know they like to give customers uncorrected number to make them happier and I used to be one of their customer

My concern is results from before and after. I seriously think your car can make more power than that since you got a huge investment to the power mods.

My car is making 335.2TQ with 25psi tapering down to 18 psi and I am only running 94CHEVRON , I did not touch the cam timing based on the cobb stage 2 map. Actually, I will do more street tuning and I will re-dyno again, my power curve is not very smooth and some rpm ranges are still a bit too rich.

Last edited by LVSBB6; Nov 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

When you said a Bone stock MR Registered with 185 - 190 WHP? you were saying a bone stock MR EVO X...wow is it suppose to be that low?

Last edited by AJR-Coco; Nov 12, 2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

As I said in the first post, I made 200whp with an intake, FMIC and 19" wheels at RG`s mustang dyno. Would probably be higher on a different dyno though.

Originally Posted by AJR-Coco
When you said a Bone stock MR Registered with 185 - 190 WHP? you were saying a bone stock MR EVO X...wow is it suppose to be that low?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Oh okay! i understand yea i heard the mustang dyno are supposedly registered to be low but those are not bad numbers probably can crank more hp with cams
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

For sure! Cams would probably improve the spool and overall gains, but i may end up with a lumpy idle

I see you drive a IX, how much power are putting down so far?

Originally Posted by AJR-Coco
Oh okay! i understand yea i heard the mustang dyno are supposedly registered to be low but those are not bad numbers probably can crank more hp with cams
Old Nov 12, 2009, 06:33 PM
Former Sponsor

For sure! Cams would probably improve the spool and overall gains, but i may end up with a lumpy idle

His car is making 190whp (peak boost 11.8psi taper to 10 psi) on Dynapak. He is having some boost issues and he bought the car like that
Old Nov 12, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I love how every Dyno reading is conservative and not enough boost and what not. How about a full blown run?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Slow IX imo, but the boost is running fine now haven't dyno yet but will soon.

Originally Posted by High_PSI
I love how every Dyno reading is conservative and not enough boost and what not. How about a full blown run?
That is why i never posted my dyno results up because its just a reference for myself!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
My thoughts exactly. Every dyno reads "conservative"...every tune is "conservative". What a joke...
Old Nov 14, 2009, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by clark_kent
my thoughts exactly. Every dyno reads "conservative"...every tune is "conservative". What a joke...
+1
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LVSBB6: Nice power. I see you are holding abt 25psi at abt 7000rpm. If you don't mind me asking, how much timing are you running at 7000rpm?

Tks