Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

424whp//395wtq on 93 PUMP!! Thanks DG Motors! Graph Inside!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 07:41 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nj1266
Who the hell cares what the CF is? If you have a baseline for the car, then post it. This way we can tell how much hp the car gained. As presented we do not know what the power on the car was before the tune.
Because DG changes the CF by a LARGE percentage regularly. Their drag car is at 1.2, some evos are at .995 some are at 1.0 and now 1.15. Using a CF is FINE as long as you stick with ONE and either do NOT change it or make sure to show it on every dyno graph you print/publish.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scheides
Because DG changes the CF by a LARGE percentage regularly. Their drag car is at 1.2, some evos are at .995 some are at 1.0 and now 1.15. Using a CF is FINE as long as you stick with ONE and either do NOT change it or make sure to show it on every dyno graph you print/publish.
It is strange to constantly change i agree, but as long as they post it I am indifferent.

Most people don't understand that a dyno dynamics reads so low, so I can understand why they would want to use a higher factor because all the nubs don't understand how much power you are making and then they think another shop is magically better because their dyno reads higher. The forum is a means to get clients as well, so trying to make them read like other dynos do so people who aren't as educated think the shop knows what they are doing is a decent reason to change it. But like you said, just keep it constant i guess.

Personally I agree, just stay with a 1.0 which is what they seem to be doing, but as long as you can see what they are running, it's all good.

Scheides we both know how dd's read, we both dyno on them.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
Your statement is false. I would never say we change it "regularly."

1% of the cars we ever used a 1.2CF on are:

Our drag car- proved to trap the whp we showed- (164mph)
TeeJay's Evo X- 38psi on VP Import w/ a 3586- (How could that not make 600+ on a dynojet?)
One other clients 35r/aem- 465whp @ 27psi/93 Octane

This 1.15 car was used via customer request.

All other cars will range from .995-1.0 depending on the weather as we run a weather station. It will have a small range. To be honest, a .005 difference will increase or decrease power by 2 or 3 hp at most. If you look through the last few tunes I have posted, they all range between .996-.998.

All tunes from now on will not have an option to change correction factor. It is nice to be able to honestly give the customer the option but has proven to deter these threads just too often.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 09:34 PM
Former Sponsor

*Entire post edited

I tuned this car so I feel as though I need to chime in. Charlie was running late and Pete called me and asked me if I had time to tune a car for him. Pete's shop is one town over from mine, we both specialize in Evo's, and I have not yet had any reason not to be friendly towards him. I did not set the dyno up but as far as I know the numbers are legit. I would be very upset to find out otherwise.

The correction factor is stated clearly in the first post. I usually tune cars at a 1.15 CF on a Dyno Dynamics because my customers rarely come to me with Dyno Dynamics whp goals in their head. The numbers they have read about and are shooting for are usually Dynojet numbers. I tell them a correction factor was used, explain what it does and write it on the dyno sheet.

I don't want to have to drive all the way to Queens just so I can get on a Dynojet when I can get very similar numbers with a 1.15 CF.

My apologies to the OP for continuing off topic with this post.

To the post below. I like TSA, it's just a far drive for me however in light of the stuff currently going on with DG I might have to find a new place until the dust settles.

Last edited by Adam@MMS; Dec 13, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mojo Motorsport
Incredible. The correction factor is stated clearly in the first post. To those who have complained. When you get
your car dyno'd don't use a correction factor but please don't tell other people what to do.

I would take serious issue with a shop using a correction factor and then concealing that fact and I know that there
are shops that do it.

But in this case a correction factor of 1.15 was used so that the customer can more easily compare the numbers he
made to Dynojet numbers.

I tune cars at a 1.15 CF on a Dyno Dynamics unless the customer requests otherwise and this is why.

My customers usually don't come to me with Dyno Dynamics whp goals in their head. The numbers they have read
about and are shooting for are usually Dynojet numbers. The dyno sheet is for the customer.

I tell them a correction factor was used, explain what it does and write it on the dyno sheet.

I'm not driving all the way to Queens just so I can get on a Dynojet when I can get very similar numbers with a 1.15 CF.

SUMMARY: If the CF factor is clearly stated then do the math in your head and try your very best to keep your contempt
for CF changers to yourself.
TSA'S dyno???...romeo is a good dude
Old Dec 8, 2009, 05:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bear.914
TSA'S dyno???...romeo is a good dude
Yes, that is the nearest dynojet to us. Adam and I are both located roughly 5 minutes away from each other and he opts to use my dyno for ease and friendship.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

*Entire post edited

I tuned this car so I feel as though I need to chime in. Charlie was running late and Pete called me and asked me if I had time to tune a car for him. Pete's shop is one town over from mine, we both specialize in Evo's, and I have not yet had any reason not to be friendly towards him. I did not set the dyno up but as far as I know the numbers are legit. I would be very upset to find out otherwise.

The correction factor is stated clearly in the first post. I usually tune cars at a 1.15 CF on a Dyno Dynamics because my customers rarely come to me with Dyno Dynamics whp goals in their head. The numbers they have read about and are shooting for are usually Dynojet numbers. I tell them a correction factor was used, explain what it does and write it on the dyno sheet.

I don't want to have to drive all the way to Queens just so I can get on a Dynojet when I can get very similar numbers with a 1.15 CF.

To the post below. I like TSA, it's just a far drive for me however in light of the stuff currently going on with DG I might have to find a new place until the dust settles.

I'm sorry that people haven't been honest with you Adam.

You can always contact "Manny".... His awd dynojet is located in Farmingdale 3-4 blocks from Top Level Performance...

http://sstperf.com/
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
Yes, that is the nearest dynojet to us. Adam and I are both located roughly 5 minutes away from each other and he opts to use my dyno for ease and friendship.
Smh.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 06:53 AM

*Entire post edited

NRG also has a Dynojet located in West Babylon. That should be a little closer than TSA, although I do like to use TSA as well. Romeo is a cool guy.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 07:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nyc 93-2jzgte
NRG also has a Dynojet located in West Babylon. That should be a little closer than TSA, although I do like to use TSA as well. Romeo is a cool guy.
Nrg has a 2-wheel dynojet. Won't work too well with AWD platforms unless they converted to awd in the past month.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by DG Motors
Nrg has a 2-wheel dynojet. Won't work too well with AWD platforms unless they converted to awd in the past month.
Ahh, you are right. I get confused because I have both RWD and AWD vehicles.