Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Metra MITO-02

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by i64X
The MITO plugs in where the stock Rockford stereo plugged in. You don't have to cut any harnesses. Read the paper that comes with it, or just pull out the stock stereo and look at it. It takes about 2 seconds to figure out. The only thing abstract at all is the wire colors on the MITO for some of the special wires like speed sensor and parking break. The Scosche should have come with a small piece of paper in the box that explains installation. If it didn't come in a Scosche box with that piece of paper, then I'm not sure what to tell you. There are a bunch of "how to install a head unit" howtos on here, just search and you'll find one.
Any opinions on which is better or easier?

Or just contact Scosche, Im sure they have a tech line for support or can get you instructions.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:20 AM

i 've just installed the avic z2 today with the mito 02, but i wonder those speed signal, packing signal, reverse signal on the mito 02 work or not, because i want to install the back up camera also but i dont know how to run the wires from the camera to the front.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by demonclaws
i 've just installed the avic z2 today with the mito 02, but i wonder those speed signal, packing signal, reverse signal on the mito 02 work or not, because i want to install the back up camera also but i dont know how to run the wires from the camera to the front.
speed/parking/reverse signals all work in the same way for all cars (or most that i know of anyway), so it should work just fine.

i'm getting a kenwood dnx9140
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:39 AM

so we dont need to wire those signal directly from the unit to the vehicle? just wire mito02 with the unit, is that enough to work?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hmm, that's good to know too bad it costs over $100.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:00 AM

any1 knows about using the factory bluetooth and the factory sirius on the aftermarket head unit ( avic z2 ), is it possible?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 03:31 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ Not gonna happen. Get a head unit with Bluetooth built in. The F700 is $400 and has it. Most modern ones do. The Sirius module is behind the glove box and uses a proprietary connector for the stereo (although when I looked at it, you may be able to get the factory Sirius antenna to work). Pioneer uses IPBus for it's accessories (like XM, Sirius, HD Radio, etc.). The Mitsu unit is definitely something else.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

The factory Bluetooth is seperate from the radio in our cars, so you can use it with another headunit. (its all voice controled anyway). satalite radio will not work with anything other than the stock radio.
Brian-
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:48 AM

factory bluetooth still work fine, the only thing is missing the display. Any idea for keeping the steering wheel control, bluetooth control for the Avic Z2? because i dont to leave the control on the wheel with nothing to do.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

How are you going to edit or manage Bluetooth settings when the display is gone? What happens when you get a new phone, or want to dump some contacts?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:53 AM

yea, that's why i ask for some idea, i can buy a new bluetooth kit for an after market use but i want to keep the bluetooth steering wheel control for the new kit, is it possible?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

You cannot do anything from the display exept dial numbers. All setup/pairing/name entry/etc, is done though voice prompts. The car has to be in park/neutral and then you press the talk button on the stering wheel. The car will ask you questions and tell you your options.
Brian-

P.S. The screen only shows the number that is calling you. There is no way to make it show a name.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by strife
You cannot do anything from the display exept dial numbers. All setup/pairing/name entry/etc, is done though voice prompts. The car has to be in park/neutral and then you press the talk button on the stering wheel. The car will ask you questions and tell you your options.
Brian-

P.S. The screen only shows the number that is calling you. There is no way to make it show a name.
I assume you can shut off factory bluetooth right? so if you get an aftermarket system you do not want 2 units answering at the same time lol.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, you just don't pair the phone with the OEM bluetooth and avoid pushing the Speak button on the steering wheel.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:22 AM

well, what i want to do is when i press the speak button on the steering wheel it will be turn the affter market's bluetooth on. I mean, i want to use the bluetooth steering wheel control for the after market unit instead of the factory bluetooth. What can i do?

Quick Reply: Metra MITO-02