Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Metra MITO-02

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if by auto volume limitation u mean the volume increases and decreases depending on speed (or engine sound or however) that can be adjusted on the stock radio (i think it's hold down on the right knob for 2-4 seconds or something then turn it left or right). as far as a 7 inch screen: yes, it will fit. all double dins are made with the same size opening to be universal for all brands. and the 7 inches is measured diagonally like televisions.

on another note i was told by another member on here that if you get the steering wheel control adapter (http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=29) you can program your bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel. dunno personally yet.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kheovnien
on another note i was told by another member on here that if you get the steering wheel control adapter (http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=29) you can program your bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel. dunno personally yet.
These adapters are getting expensive. I just just spent $110 for the Mito-2, now I need that PAC unit to be able use the steering wheel control buttons?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 02:17 PM

^^^ yeah i agree. u don't need the adapter for the steering wheel controls but the buttons are already there and a lot of people use them and/or think it would be a waste to have buttons that don't work. i got my steering wheel controls adapter for like $45 on amazon. crutchfield sells it for like $80!!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I replace my head unit and not use the mito-02. How will I connect my head unit to the speakers? Run separate wires from the head unit all the way to the speaker doors? Or cut the wires from the amp and tap the speaker wires from head unit? Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

I now have:

1. AVIC z110bt head unit
2. PAC SWI-PS
3. MITO-2
4. Scosche dash kit
5. aux adapter

Do I still need a Metra wiring harness to complete the install??
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by humblehyper
If I replace my head unit and not use the mito-02. How will I connect my head unit to the speakers? Run separate wires from the head unit all the way to the speaker doors? Or cut the wires from the amp and tap the speaker wires from head unit? Thanks.
just buy a harness for the 08+ lancer.

Originally Posted by cpunlamd
I now have:

1. AVIC z110bt head unit
2. PAC SWI-PS
3. MITO-2
4. Scosche dash kit
5. aux adapter

Do I still need a Metra wiring harness to complete the install??
What aux adapter did you buy? I purchased the ipod cable for mine and put it in the glove box. nothing else needed. the MITO-02 is used in lieu of the standard wiring harness. it is essentially a "special" wiring harness that is used specifically for the stock rockford amp.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kheovnien
What aux adapter did you buy? I purchased the ipod cable for mine and put it in the glove box. nothing else needed. the MITO-02 is used in lieu of the standard wiring harness. it is essentially a "special" wiring harness that is used specifically for the stock rockford amp.
Nice. Bad thing is that the Scosche dash kit I already purchased came with a wiring harness. Guess I'll just sell that later.

To answer your question: I bought the Scosche MIAX in order to keep the aux output functional.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you guys know if it get the MITO-02 if I will still need a wiring harness as needed in most deck installs?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

No, the MITO-02 is what you'd consider the wiring harness.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by cpunlamd
Nice. Bad thing is that the Scosche dash kit I already purchased came with a wiring harness. Guess I'll just sell that later.

To answer your question: I bought the Scosche MIAX in order to keep the aux output functional.
What are you going to sell later on? the MITO-02 harness? if so let me know i might be interested.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kinglasserres
What are you going to sell later on? the MITO-02 harness? if so let me know i might be interested.
No. I love my Mito-2. Its probably one of my best buys to date for my Evo. I'll be selling the parts I didnt need:

1. Scosche wiring harness.
2. PAC SWI-PS (good for Pioneer/Sony head units).
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone ran into problems with the Mito-2 having the MUTE wired up? Apparently my ATT is malfunctioning because the MUTE wire is wired up..
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

can you please pm me the wire diagran of the mito 02 if it comes with one? im probably just going to hard wire my touch screen.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:11 AM

For all of you who've intalled the MITO-02, does your aftermarket HU control the gain +/- on the stock subwoofer?

Last edited by parrothead1; Apr 19, 2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

No it does not.
The MITO-02 has a small dial on it to ajust that.

Quick Reply: Metra MITO-02