Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Metra MITO-02

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 09:23 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asleep602
i hate this bezel for all its worth. has anyone tried to like, heat it up and make it fit the way its supposed to fit?
Ya, if you're referring to the Scosche or Metra dash kit.. think I remember reading a review over at Crutchfield where someone used a heat gun to reshape it for a better fit.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:05 PM

Where do the speaker wires attach

Probably a stupid question, but hay, sue me.

My aftermarket radio harness has the white, purple, green, & gray wires for the speakers.
Where on the MITO-02 do I connect these wires?

Also, will I still experience the subwoofer sound fading after I hook everything up?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skooter2k5
Probably a stupid question, but hay, sue me.

My aftermarket radio harness has the white, purple, green, & gray wires for the speakers.
Where on the MITO-02 do I connect these wires?

Also, will I still experience the subwoofer sound fading after I hook everything up?
you dont hook the speaker wires up. the rca cables on the mito connect to the rac adaptors on your aftermarket radio harness.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:24 AM

OK cool.
Thanks.

What about the subwoofer sound fading?
As anybody experienced this with an aftermarket unit & RF system?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skooter2k5
OK cool.
Thanks.

What about the subwoofer sound fading?
As anybody experienced this with an aftermarket unit & RF system?
sorry to bump this this thread was the most info i could find about the harness. i have a problem with that. afar putting mine in it was okay for about a week or two and then when i listen to the radio at lower volumes the speakers cut in and out. also my rear speakers sometimes either don't sound at all, or its really low. I'm sure its the harness but I'm just about ready to go back to my stock system. I lost a lot of quality from my OEM deck when going aftermarket. the sub is weak, i get distortion when i turn up the volume to medium range. It sucks.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
sorry to bump this this thread was the most info i could find about the harness. i have a problem with that. afar putting mine in it was okay for about a week or two and then when i listen to the radio at lower volumes the speakers cut in and out. also my rear speakers sometimes either don't sound at all, or its really low. I'm sure its the harness but I'm just about ready to go back to my stock system. I lost a lot of quality from my OEM deck when going aftermarket. the sub is weak, i get distortion when i turn up the volume to medium range. It sucks.

i havent found an answer on it for why it does this but once i hit about mid way on volume the sub starts to fade and it sucks. wish there was a fix to this other then replacing the whole system.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah looks like we actually might have to look into replacing the stock amp. since everyone says that seems to solve most of the issues.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:55 PM

Question

the main question is do you need the mito-02 if all you want to do is install a new head unit(ddx419) and put some subs in with an amp.. im taking out the rf amp(under the drivers seat) and taking out the rf sub

(btw ive have searched for hours and still no answer directly)

and still waiting
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:58 PM

everything that i have read told me if i want to rewire all of the speakers in the car then i dont need it... i have installed several hu with subs and an amp and i have never heard of this thing( none of the cars have had upgraded sound systems)

but i digress i would just like to know if i need it or not for the project im doing

thank you in advance
Old Jun 9, 2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by zack681720
the main question is do you need the mito-02 if all you want to do is install a new head unit(ddx419) and put some subs in with an amp.. im taking out the rf amp(under the drivers seat) and taking out the rf sub

(btw ive have searched for hours and still no answer directly)

and still waiting
I am not an expert on the matter but I've been doing research on the subject because I want to replace the factory NAVI in my Ralliart and to my understanding you will need the mito-02 if your installing a DD HU with GPS and Blue Tooth.
The mito-02 has the necessary wires for those specific connections.
Correct me if I am wrong!

I've replaced all the factory sound system: 4 component, 2 tweeters, Sub, amp & added a second amp specifically for the sub. Only thing stock is the NAVI HU and I can tell you that the bass fading out problem is no longer an issue.

My only complaint is the factory HU doesn't have enough functionality as far as equalization. 3 band EQ.. not good people!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:03 PM

I'm going to replace my head unit on my 2013 GSR and what harness do i need?
I'm not going with a navigation system.
I want the steering wheel controls to work and the fosgate amp also.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:00 PM

Hey guys, I just installed the Pioneer Avic x940BT along with the mito-02 and metra axxess aswc. Everything working perfectly except it seems like my RF SUB isn't working or it's too low. I have adjusted the two blu buttons on the mito-02 itself but still luck. It did out out more bass and mid but it seems like the bass got louder on the speakers not the sub itself! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, Bluetooth conversation seems really low even though the BT sound is maxed out from the H/U control.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tackyevo
Hey guys, I just installed the Pioneer Avic x940BT along with the mito-02 and metra axxess aswc. Everything working perfectly except it seems like my RF SUB isn't working or it's too low. I have adjusted the two blu buttons on the mito-02 itself but still luck. It did out out more bass and mid but it seems like the bass got louder on the speakers not the sub itself! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, Bluetooth conversation seems really low even though the BT sound is maxed out from the H/U control.
its like this for everyone. if you look it up you will see where ppl have been replacing their stock amps because of this. I hated it so much cause it took away a lot of bass. but I learned to live with it. There is a pretty good write up on it though if you wanna take out ur stock amp an replace it. just a lot of wiring.