Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2010 Instrument Cluster LCD into a 2008?

Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am interested in this topic as well...will ONLY a 2010 cluster work on the 2008's? OR any cluster then on? Is everything just plug and play? My EVO came from Canada so it has the Kilometers instead of MPH...and its annoying...Figured I would swap to USDM cluster...but where are the miles stored on the cluster or on the ECU? Anyone did this that can confirm? I found some members here parting out 2012 and up EVO's...thinking of picking an new cluster up. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NateDaJew
Where did you get the cluster? The mileage gets updated by the ecu correct? I can't imagine the mileage is stored in the cluster like analog speedos.
I got mine from another owner that crashed his car. The miles are always stored on the cluster. I will have a 2012 cluster for sale soon, as i plan to sell my car in alittle since i have a baby on the way ;[
Old Jan 23, 2017, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by highbredcloud
I am interested in this topic as well...will ONLY a 2010 cluster work on the 2008's? OR any cluster then on? Is everything just plug and play? My EVO came from Canada so it has the Kilometers instead of MPH...and its annoying...Figured I would swap to USDM cluster...but where are the miles stored on the cluster or on the ECU? Anyone did this that can confirm? I found some members here parting out 2012 and up EVO's...thinking of picking an new cluster up. Thanks in advance.
All clusters will work for your 2008, and it is indeed plug and play. Miles are also stored in the cluster, cheers ;D
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by highbredcloud
Off topic but did you import the car yourself?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks...that makes life much easier...Now I can just pick up the nicer cluster...Did everything work once the new cluster was plugged in or did things need to be reprogrammed?

Originally Posted by whyycharles
All clusters will work for your 2008, and it is indeed plug and play. Miles are also stored in the cluster, cheers ;D
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Yes...I imported it myself...it was rather painless...All you really need is a letter of conformity that needs to be issued by Mitsu CANADA as in my case...all recalls on the car need to be performed...and when you cross the border just have a bill of sale...My custom fees were also waived...I got very lucky with my purchase...picked up a MR with 24K miles (converted from Kilometers) for $21K due to the currency exchange difference...

Don't waste your time with brokers...I drove to Canada to pick the car up myself...it was much cheaper that way.

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
Off topic but did you import the car yourself?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:52 AM

can you show any pictures?