Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Rockford Amp replacement

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:18 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
WOW! Not cheap . If I could start using my JL Audio G6600 instead of the factory amp, I think I'd be much more happy. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the installation hassle or if I should just replace the factory NAV and amp. But honestly, I don't mind the factory nav headunit, I just wish I could get AUX video while driving.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoonie
You'll lose the sub fuctionality,and fade from the Stock head unit once you replace the amp. You can get it back by using a 6 channel EQ with a 5-channel amp. The Stock control for the subs sucks anyway. It mutes the sound for each adjustment you make which completely ruins the listening experience imo.

I've already did what you are attempting to do with great results!!
Good to hear cause that's the setup I'm going with. I had always gone with a knob underneath the dash for sub control and liked it. The stock sub with this punch control seemed pretty weak to me. To me the suckiest part of the stock Rockford setup.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps my new JL 5 channel isn't hooked up correctly, but I lost the fade. But I just went into the trunk with a screwdriver today and adjusted the rear speakers on the amp to an acceptable level of fill. For the sub I've always preferred a knob under the dash to dial in what I want.