Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Sirius Antenna Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Antenna Question

I have the MMCC and I added the factory Sirius module. I was wondering why I can not leverage the stock antenna for the radio? How does the factory antenna work for both radio and Sirius?

I purchased the aftermarket antenna that I will try out some different locations but I would like to hide it as much as possible. Any ideas? I was thinking my under the cowl?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:54 PM

Put it wherever you want, just gotta fish cable. Just keep it away from power cables.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

The factory antenna for the models with satellite radio has the large rectangular base, not the smaller one you have on your car. You could get the appropriate antenna, but I'm not sure if your wiring harness has additional connections.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:03 PM

I do not think there is a harness for the Sirius. I think there is a single cable that goes to the Sirius module.

I would really like to get this hooked up the correct way. The aftermarket antenna is driving me nuts!

How hard would is it to hook up the factory base and cable? Do you have to remove the headliner? Has anyone gotten a dealership quote?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:45 AM

So you had an MMCS without Sirius module before?

FWIW I'm pretty sure you need to use either the aftermarket or buy the OEM antenna module. It shouldn't be too hard to pull the headliner and replace the existing one. Just make sure you seal it up to prevent leaks.

Conversely, if anyone buys an aftermarket Navi with Sirius module, one of the guys found that you can re-use the stock Sirius antenna with an aftermarket module. You have to pull the black clip off the end where it normally connects to the stock Sirius module, but once you do it fits right in and works like a charm. No more hideous aftermarket Sirius antenna for those of us coming from stock Navi!!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by TTsumibishi
So you had an MMCS without Sirius module before?

FWIW I'm pretty sure you need to use either the aftermarket or buy the OEM antenna module. It shouldn't be too hard to pull the headliner and replace the existing one. Just make sure you seal it up to prevent leaks.
I have an SE so you can get the MMCC but Sirius was not offered as an option, really stupid! So I purchase a used factory module from someone but now I want the factory antenna. Where can I get the factory antenna? Any merchants on the board that offer discounts?