Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Factory bluetooth microphone question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory bluetooth microphone question

I have a 2010 GSR with the non SSS stereo system and I just had the pioneer avic x930bt navi installed and was wondering if there is any way to hookup the factory hands free microphone thats already wired and mounted in the dome lighting piece with the navi unit. Right now I have the microphone that came with the pioneer navi mounted on the steering wheel. Also is there anyway to get this system to work with the steering wheel controls for volume/hands free calling?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:30 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There probably isn't a way to get your factory BT mic to work with your Pioneer, without cutting up and splicing the wiring of both mics. Best bet would be to remove the factory mic, then route and install the Pioneer mic in the factory location.. if it fits. I've seen other installs done like this, and in a worse-case scenario, you might have to break open and remove the plastic mic housing to make it fit in the map light area.

And to get your factory steering wheel controls to work with your Pioneer, you'll have to purchase and install either the PAC SWI-PS interface for Pioneer radios, or the Metra Axxess ASWC interface. Both are available from Crutchfield.com