Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Anyone Running the New Buschur Mini Battery Kit?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Running the New Buschur Mini Battery Kit?

Okay, so I was checking out the Buschur Racing website and came across the new Lightweight Lithium Ion Mini Battery Kit!!! $589

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...b12c82868ba7c5

Don't get me wrong, that is a fantastic price considering LithiumPros MSRP is $846 and Buschur uses the exact same battery.

http://lithiumpros.com/new-product-x...ium-powerpack/

Standard mini battery kits from Buschur and AMS are about 15 lbs. I'm sure several folks here have purchased these for around $300. This new battery is about 5 lbs!!!

Has anyone here bought this yet? If so would you care to do a review?

It looks like the specs are the same as the older mini battery, power, reserve capacity, dimensions, etc. The only difference seems to be the weight.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

i run for a year a small batery like the ams one (not theirs) . my humble opinion is that if you are really really into lost weight in your car to track it and have bunch of money to trow away, then, yes go fo it. 25 pounds less is always good, if your car is a daily driving car, with a/c, stereo, drive at night, etc, then give it a secon though, you will fill the lack of power for sure, stall your car a couple of times, and they last for a year. these one that you show is a superior technology, but still the power is 620, pretty much the same power that all little bateries for racing cars. buy them to have fun, not to trust your life in an intersection.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We race with the Odyssey PC680 from Enersys. It's about 15lbs like the others and works really well. Yes, 5lbs is less than 15lbs and saving 10lbs is nice. Not to mention the cost, which is considerable, you have to remember that this is sprung weight and so the weight savings is not as valuable compared to losing 10lbs of unsprung weight (wheels, brakes, etc). So, for the money, I'd probably hunt for losing a few unsprung pounds.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:22 PM

Agreed with above statements.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:34 PM

I have the Buschur mini battery kit with the regular pc680 and it works great. Fits very nicely and looks good. I'd say if you NEED a new battery it may not be a bad choice because it should last longer and crank stronger. When I need a new battery I plan on buying it. If your doing it for just weight savings I'd say make sure you have saved weight in every other way first.