Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 05:22 AM
Doe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Doe
Ok , I finally installed the android car stereo with the back camera . I will be posting pictures once i get acquainted to all the features. I just finished about an hour. One thing that may help people doing an aftermarket car stereo ... I have 2015 evo mr . The axxess mito-03 does work on the RF audio system ( as far as my experience )

. It was cutting out the volume in and out for a bit and I was trying figure out why ... Then I remembered that I read somewhere on this forum that the factory bluetooth uses the sound environment to control the volume of the stereo ... I disconnected the bluetooh plug behind the glove compartment . And the cutting in and out stopped ...

Axxess mito-03 update on RF system

Yesterday when I was driving . The volume did cut in and out a couple times ...

Some before and after pics

Last edited by Doe; Feb 15, 2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:10 AM

Friends please help. I installed a headunit i bought from amazon
Amazon.com : Newest JOYING 10.1 Inch 2 Din Head Unit Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Quad Core Car Stereo/Radio/Audio GPS Navigation System with Full HD 1024*600 Screen, Special Visual Experience, and Easy to Install : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Newest JOYING 10.1 Inch 2 Din Head Unit Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Quad Core Car Stereo/Radio/Audio GPS Navigation System with Full HD 1024*600 Screen, Special Visual Experience, and Easy to Install : Car Electronics
after installation, everything worked fine, then i went ahead to screw in all the screws and put the dash back, and I get a square and exclamation mark.

the weird thing is that my phone does connect to the headunit via bluetooth
and when i go to shut down the car, i can see the homescreen and a popup box saying its shutting down.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:12 AM

I am using a MITO-03, I don't know if that's the issue. But I updated the firmware on it. a
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:36 AM
Doe

Originally Posted by hloc5
Friends please help. I installed a headunit i bought from amazon
Amazon.com : Newest JOYING 10.1 Inch 2 Din Head Unit Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Quad Core Car Stereo/Radio/Audio GPS Navigation System with Full HD 1024*600 Screen, Special Visual Experience, and Easy to Install : Car Electronics
after installation, everything worked fine, then i went ahead to screw in all the screws and put the dash back, and I get a square and exclamation mark.

the weird thing is that my phone does connect to the headunit via bluetooth
and when i go to shut down the car, i can see the homescreen and a popup box saying its shutting down.
Hmm... I get that screen when I'm on the video input option for external DVD. Try going to the settings. And allow video playback while driving ..

The axxess mito 03 has been working fine for me a week now. At start up sometimes the sound goes in and out for a 5 minute or so. And at times it doesn't do it.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Doe
Hmm... I get that screen when I'm on the video input option for external DVD. Try going to the settings. And allow video playback while driving ..

The axxess mito 03 has been working fine for me a week now. At start up sometimes the sound goes in and out for a 5 minute or so. And at times it doesn't do it.
this is just from booting up. I cant even go into settings to change that.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by hloc5
this is just from booting up. I cant even go into settings to change that.
Doe,
Thank you, after you mentioned that I checked whatever video input there could be thats plugged in. Turns out that my back up camera signal was plugged into the wrong pin. Thought it would be a no brainer and be the red wire for signal, but it is the white one.
Everything works now. Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:41 AM
Doe

Originally Posted by Doe
Axxess mito-03 update on RF system

Yesterday when I was driving . The volume did cut in and out a couple times ...

Some before and after pics

Update 2/22/2016

I've been driving on my android car stereo for 2 weeks. Yesterday , it crashed. I had to reset it ...Works fine again .

Axxess mito -03 update.

Today , the volume was going in and out randomly and it was very annoying. I will run it again for another week ... worst come to worst .I'm installing my aftermarket alpine 5 channel amplifier.

The apps work great so far ...

Old Feb 23, 2016, 04:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the updates, Doe. They're really informative on what to expect from these type head units. It seems that the quality and apps are pretty good, but the native OS is not the best.

Was the Axxess Mito 03 purchased separately to use for the steering wheel controls? The system I've purchased includes the steering wheel/RF system harness, so hopefully there aren't too many issues concerning that as I've read here. The old system I had in my Lancer didn't seem to have any volume cutout, so I hope your issue is easily resolved!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 03:08 PM
Doe

Originally Posted by HatrixMouse
Thanks for the updates, Doe. They're really informative on what to expect from these type head units. It seems that the quality and apps are pretty good, but the native OS is not the best.

Was the Axxess Mito 03 purchased separately to use for the steering wheel controls? The system I've purchased includes the steering wheel/RF system harness, so hopefully there aren't too many issues concerning that as I've read here. The old system I had in my Lancer didn't seem to have any volume cutout, so I hope your issue is easily resolved!

From my experience so far ... Its not the harness or axxess mito 03. Its the stupid rf amplifier. Its too bad cuz when it's working . It sounds really good. I've been busy. Imma try to resolve the in and out sound issue. If I find a solution ... I'll post it.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Doe
Update 2/22/2016

Today , the volume was going in and out randomly and it was very annoying. I will run it again for another week ... worst come to worst .I'm installing my aftermarket alpine 5 channel amplifier.
Could you go into more detail on this? Does it get very quiet for a moment and then loud again or does it cut out entirely?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:00 AM
Doe

Originally Posted by splattj
Could you go into more detail on this? Does it get very quiet for a moment and then loud again or does it cut out entirely?
Hmm , the best way I can describe it ... let say the volume is on 15. The volume will drop to 3 without lowering the volume. Then it would go 15 then 3 then 15. Its very sparatic. ..

Last edited by Doe; Feb 24, 2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Doe
Hmm , the best way I can describe it ... let say the volume is on 15. The volume will drop to 3 without lowering the volume. Then it would go 15 then 3 then 15. Its very sparatic. ..
Could it be Android notifications? I know my phone behaves like that when playing Spotify over Bluetooth when any notification hits the tray.

To turn them off, on your home screen, go to the Settings menu.
Under the heading “Device”, click “Manage Apps”.
Next, click on the app that’s causing problems.
Finally, turn off the app’s notification ability.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by splattj
Could it be Android notifications? I know my phone behaves like that when playing Spotify over Bluetooth when any notification hits the tray.

To turn them off, on your home screen, go to the Settings menu.
Under the heading “Device”, click “Manage Apps”.
Next, click on the app that’s causing problems.
Finally, turn off the app’s notification ability.
Holy hell, you might actually be onto something. I never thought of that at all until you mentioned it. Perfect sense. I hope that's what Doe is experiencing!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 06:44 PM
Doe

Originally Posted by HatrixMouse
Holy hell, you might actually be onto something. I never thought of that at all until you mentioned it. Perfect sense. I hope that's what Doe is experiencing!

Splattj and HatrixMouse

Thanks. I tried it yesterday ... the sound is still going in and out randomly. IMO , the rf amplifier is looking for something from the factory head unit. Whether it's power , acc signal or ground signal. I really don't know. I know I wired my axxess mito 03 correctly which cost $80. Lesson learned !!! I'm leaning on installing my aftermarket 5 channel amplifier but before I do that I will research the rf amplifier ... I know I did it already before I thought of going aftermarket on the stock radio ... but I might have missed something important ...

Thx
Old Feb 26, 2016, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Doe
Splattj and HatrixMouse

Thanks. I tried it yesterday ... the sound is still going in and out randomly. IMO , the rf amplifier is looking for something from the factory head unit. Whether it's power , acc signal or ground signal. I really don't know. I know I wired my axxess mito 03 correctly which cost $80. Lesson learned !!! I'm leaning on installing my aftermarket 5 channel amplifier but before I do that I will research the rf amplifier ... I know I did it already before I thought of going aftermarket on the stock radio ... but I might have missed something important ...

Thx
That's such a head-scratcher for sure. My old unit (same chip/board as yours) had no issues plugging and initializing directly with the RF system. The only option I couldn't do was to change the level of the subwoofer, but that didn't bother me any, as I would "pre-set" the subwoofer level to "6" on the old unit, which permanently set it for the new head unit, which could then be minimally controlled using the 'Bass' settings to a certain extent.

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo