Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HatrixMouse
Correct, I had purchased the more expensive one that came with the RF harness. I had an issue with a DOA unit, so I just sent it back a few days ago, and hoping to have it back within a decent amount of time.

I would agree. I had a similar unit in my old Lancer, and it did certainly have its bugs, but I believe it was also a previous generation. I'm hoping they've fixed SOME bugs and improved the performance with the new ARM processor, but anything improved still has my vote for a good GPS unit at a very respectable price.
I can't seem to find the more expensive one for the RF system... Do you have a link for it?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by turboH22
I can't seem to find the more expensive one for the RF system... Do you have a link for it?
I went through the site directly for the unit. Really easy to work with, and they're pretty quick on response (obviously 12 hrs ahead).
http://www.witson.com/en/products.ht...BISHI%20Series

They have both Windows and Android units available.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 04:38 PM

I went through the site directly for the unit. Really easy to work with, and they're pretty quick on response (obviously 12 hrs ahead).
http://www.witson.com/en/products.ht...BISHI%20Series

They have both Windows and Android units available.
I'm guessing you got the one with a smaller screen with a cd player? I only see two available for a Lancer.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 01:28 PM
Doe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm guessing you got the one with a smaller screen with a cd player? I only see two available for a Lancer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-2-Quad-Core-1024-600-Android-Car-GPS-Nav-Stereo-Player-for-Mitsubishi-Lancer-/201510316031?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Its out of stock ...
Old Mar 1, 2016, 06:35 AM

I'm really interested in this. Im thinking of buying it with the adapter for the RF system. Does anyone know if you can use FM Radio without having an internet connection? and if you can have a USB external dvd/cd player with this?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Correct. There's a Windows CE unit and an Android unit. I went with the Android unit with the CD player and the screen is large enough to do everything I want to do.
Originally Posted by Dmotorsports
I'm really interested in this. Im thinking of buying it with the adapter for the RF system. Does anyone know if you can use FM Radio without having an internet connection? and if you can have a USB external dvd/cd player with this?
FM radio uses the factory antennae plug and frequencies, so there is no internet needed.
I don't believe you can have an external USB DVD/CD drive, unless it's programmed into the unit, which these do not have that capability. The unit that I purchased through Witson has a DVD/CD player in it.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:29 AM

Nice! I think i will order mine of Amazon tonight the 10.2" display looks beautiful! And i guess i could always use internet through mirror link w/ my phone or hotspot. I have the RF system, im afraid of having volume issues like other people on this thread has anyone used it without this issue?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 02:45 PM

I bought a Joying 10.1 recently. Used mito-03, once in a while i would have volume cut out, but seriously...doesn't bother me at all. it cuts out for a second, then is normal for a few hours. I warn you that the boot up time is slow. really slow. this again, doesnt bother me one bit. i dont regret swapping out. I wish it was brighter so i could see more during the day.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 04:28 PM
Doe

That's such a head-scratcher for sure. My old unit (same chip/board as yours) had no issues plugging and initializing directly with the RF system. The only option I couldn't do was to change the level of the subwoofer, but that didn't bother me any, as I would "pre-set" the subwoofer level to "6" on the old unit, which permanently set it for the new head unit, which could then be minimally controlled using the 'Bass' settings to a certain extent.
I think I figured out the in and out sound issue. When I resetted the 10.2 android car stereo. I also took off the fuse for the rf amplifier in which also resetted the rf amplifier. After reading through this https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-electrical-audio-security/373383-stock-fosgate-amp-aftermarket-radio-works.html

The rf amplifier was looking for the rf head unit as it acts as signal processor for the amplifier. I hope this helps !!! So after you have installed any aftermarket head unit to the rf amplifier. Never remove the fuse ( 15 amp ) under the steering wheel column or disconnect the battery ...I know that I need to reconnect the rf head unit again for the sound to be normal again.

I have made up my mind . I'm still installing my aftermarket amplifier. I have ran the 4 gauge power to the battery. And ran independent speaker wires to all the doors. I will not be splicing into the amplifier harness under the driver seat. I like the android car stereo concept that I'm even thinking of replacing my pioneer 5600bhs on my Toyota Tacoma...

As far as for axxess mito 03. It does work 95% flawlessly as long as the rf amplifier is never turned off or resetted. The sound does go in and out for about 30 sec or less during start up .. but sometimes randomly too. But not to the point where it's annoying.

3/05/2016 update

I just want to confirmed that I reinstalled the rf head unit and powered it ... Then I reinstalled the android car stereo. The in and out sound issue went away.

Last edited by Doe; Mar 5, 2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 07:10 PM

I assume you'll need a Axxess Mito-02 for pre 2014 Evo's w/ RF system? Anyone know if that's all thats needed to install this and keep functionality of steering wheel controls? (does it work for the bluetooth phone steering controls as well?)
Old Mar 1, 2016, 08:53 PM
Doe

I assume you'll need a Axxess Mito-02 for pre 2014 Evo's w/ RF system? Anyone know if that's all thats needed to install this and keep functionality of steering wheel controls? (does it work for the bluetooth phone steering controls as well?)
You don't need the axxess mito 03 for steering wheel control ... It comes with steering wheel control on the non rf harness ... You do need the axxess mito 03 to communicate with the rf amplifier but if you are going to do what I'm doing ( aftermarket head unit and aftermarket amplifier ) ... You don't need to buy any other harness besides for rca , speaker wires and an amp kit .

As far as bluetooth , i disconnect the oem bluetooth behind the glove compartment ... And I'm using the bluetooth that is built in on the 10.2 android head unit ...

I guess if you are using the rf amplfier ... Dont get rid of the oem head unit whether its navi or non navi as the rf amplifier looks for audio signal processor from it !!!! You will never know if the battery will be need to be replace or the fuse under the steering wheel may pop ... Then you will annoyed like me and scratching your head ...

Last edited by Doe; Mar 1, 2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 08:59 PM
Doe

You don't need the axxess mito 03 for steering wheel control... It comes with steering wheel control on the non rf harness ... You do need the axxess mito 03 to communicate with the rf amplifier but if you are going to do what I'm doing ( aftermarket head unit and aftermarket amplifier ) ... You don't need to buy any other harness besides for rca , speaker wires and an amp kit .

As far as bluetooth , i disconnect the oem bluetooth behind the glove compartment ... And I'm using the bluetooth that is built in on the 10.2 android head unit ... and you can program the bluetooth steering like the oem factory ... I used the volume up as a back button ...

I guess if you are using the rf amplfier ... Dont get rid of the oem head unit whether its navi or non navi as the rf amplifier looks for audio signal processor from it !!!! You will never know if the battery will be need to be replace or the fuse under the steering wheel may pop ... Then you will annoyed like me and scratching your head ...

Last edited by Doe; Mar 1, 2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 06:15 AM

It says the Mito 03 is for 2014+ models i have a 2012 should i be ordering the Mito 02? And yeah i will keep the factory headunit for that reason! I dont exactly get how to wire up the steering wheel controls but if the harness comes with it i will figure it out. Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 06:24 PM

Can you send a picture of your head unit cables?
I can tell you if a Mito-03 would fit.
And as far as the steering wheel controls goes, its easier than you think, you actually dont have to buy anything else, the android double din comes with a cable labeled as "key" that would be where you would splice your steering control wire, on the Mito-03 its the green and brown wire.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 06:30 PM

I haven't taken apart my factory unit yet, I ordered the 10.2" android off Amazon yesterday, so waiting for it to arrive. I just wanted to have everything needed so i could install. I just noticed that the Mito-03 says for 2014+ models, and the Mito-02 is for 08-13. I read that the wiring is different on the 2014+ models.

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo