10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A - Page 15 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community



Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 2, 2017, 04:17 PM   #211
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MRevolutionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 106
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshonen8899 View Post
Hi guys, I had an issue where hot weather would cause the screen to flicker and occasionally freeze. I took off the top cover and zip tied two 80mm usb fans. I've been using it for about three months and it's been completely fixed.
Would you mind telling me what kind of fans these are? Or where to buy them?

Also, maybe a dumb question but do you have them blowing air onto the board or sucking air out?

Thanks!
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2017, 08:58 AM   #212
Evolved Member
iTrader: (2)
 
02modlanceroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Latrobe, Pa
Posts: 873
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Drives: 02 Mitsubishi lancer oz-t

Well I was finally able to get my radio to shutdown with the ignition instead of just going to sleep. If you download the newest updates dmcu.img and update.img and install them. You'll get a new setting under extra settings that allows you to choose how long the unit will stay in stand by before completely powering down.

The actual firmware update "update.img" is what gave the new option. The company that sold me the unit, sent me a link for the dmcu.img and said it would give me that feature. The one they linked wasn't even the latest update, but neither that or the latest update gave the new setting. You must install the actual firmware update.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:03 AM   #213
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Canadian FE #0176, 412awhp, 365awtq, 20g Turbo @26psi, Full ETS Bolt On, Stock Block w/ ARP Rod Bolts

July 28, 2017, Firmware No. 4.0 (stable) with Google Services
Malaysk Custom ROM
XDA Developers is the source.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/mtcd-discussion-questions-development/rom-malaysk-roms-mtcd-device-t3598908

Last edited by elliottbl; Aug 5, 2017 at 12:11 AM.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2017, 03:55 PM   #214
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Alameda, ca
Posts: 10,334
Thanked 142 Times in 125 Posts

Drives: a laptop connected to your ECU.

Does anybody have this working with Racecapture Wifi? I cannot get the headunit to connect to the Wifi module, while my iPhone has no issues with it.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:55 AM   #215
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2015 Lancer Ralliart

I tried installing everything last night but cant seem to get the wiring right. It boots up correctly and can get the steering controls, bluetooth and sound to come out but the slider for sub in the amp app doesnt seem to do anything and the sound quality is much worse than the stock system. In the pictures you can see the harness and canbus I recieved, can any of you assist with which rcas need to go where? I still get sound whether I have any of the sound rca cables plugged in or not if that works, almost like its not actually using the stock amp. I have a 15 ralliart with the rf system.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-20170809_235955.jpg   10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-canbus.jpg   10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-20170809_234637.jpg   10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-20170809_235524.jpg  
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:01 PM   #216
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Gauteng
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Evolution X - MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealbow View Post
I tried installing everything last night but cant seem to get the wiring right. It boots up correctly and can get the steering controls, bluetooth and sound to come out but the slider for sub in the amp app doesnt seem to do anything and the sound quality is much worse than the stock system. In the pictures you can see the harness and canbus I recieved, can any of you assist with which rcas need to go where? I still get sound whether I have any of the sound rca cables plugged in or not if that works, almost like its not actually using the stock amp. I have a 15 ralliart with the rf system.

Thanks
I just fitted this myself the other day. You don't need those RCA's if you're using stock sound. I just connected the Canbus to the supplied harness & connected the two connectors to the ones coming from the car's harness.

I did pick up a snag when fitting the reverse camera. If you are using the Canbus don't connect the "red trigger" cable from the supplied RCA cable to the orange cable from the headunit labeled "Back" or "reverse". Just connect the yellow RCA to the "camera in" jack. Connecting the "trigger cable" confuses the headunit because the Canbus also sends a signal to the headunit.
I had the problem where the headunit will show an "exclamation mark" after i put it back into Drive on the SST. I had to switch the car off & on again to get the headunit to resume. I pulled the unit out today & removed the trigger connection & its working like a hooker on the corner street
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:13 PM   #217
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2015 Lancer Ralliart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDMeaT View Post
I just fitted this myself the other day. You don't need those RCA's if you're using stock sound. I just connected the Canbus to the supplied harness & connected the two connectors to the ones coming from the car's harness.

I did pick up a snag when fitting the reverse camera. If you are using the Canbus don't connect the "red trigger" cable from the supplied RCA cable to the orange cable from the headunit labeled "Back" or "reverse". Just connect the yellow RCA to the "camera in" jack. Connecting the "trigger cable" confuses the headunit because the Canbus also sends a signal to the headunit.
I had the problem where the headunit will show an "exclamation mark" after i put it back into Drive on the SST. I had to switch the car off & on again to get the headunit to resume. I pulled the unit out today & removed the trigger connection & its working like a hooker on the corner street
Do you have the ability to adjust the subwoofer level with yours?
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:23 PM   #218
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Gauteng
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Evolution X - MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealbow View Post
Do you have the ability to adjust the subwoofer level with yours?
Yes My sub woofer is working fine. Some guys have said that they had no sound from the subwoofer until they played with some volume/settings in the amplifier settings. I hope the seller didn't send you the wrong Canbus. That could be a possibility...but then you won't receive sound at all
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:56 PM   #219
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2015 Lancer Ralliart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDMeaT View Post
Yes My sub woofer is working fine. Some guys have said that they had no sound from the subwoofer until they played with some volume/settings in the amplifier settings. I hope the seller didn't send you the wrong Canbus. That could be a possibility...but then you won't receive sound at all
Possibly, it's weird though. My sub is making noise but it's so quiet you can't hear it. Kinda like it's turned all the way down.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:12 PM   #220
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Gauteng
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Evolution X - MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealbow View Post
Possibly, it's weird though. My sub is making noise but it's so quiet you can't hear it. Kinda like it's turned all the way down.
Strange indeed. Your sub slider in the amplifier settings isn't working either? Man that's rough. If i were you i'd just ask the seller if he can help if you don't get an answer in from the other guys here on the forum. I feel your pain though...Kinda sucks to not get that bass.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 07:41 PM   #221
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Alameda, ca
Posts: 10,334
Thanked 142 Times in 125 Posts

Drives: a laptop connected to your ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Does anybody have this working with Racecapture Wifi? I cannot get the headunit to connect to the Wifi module, while my iPhone has no issues with it.

Well, I figured it out. I didn't have Wifi switched on in the Race Capture app. Oops

Now I have full logging and visual for all ECU data + external sensors like wideband, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, etc.

Also has lap timer with predictive timing, all logged into one file off the Race Capture unit and displayed on my Android head unit. I love technology...







Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 05:56 AM   #222
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Canadian FE #0176, 412awhp, 365awtq, 20g Turbo @26psi, Full ETS Bolt On, Stock Block w/ ARP Rod Bolts

Here's the link to the latest MCU Update, V2.59 8/3/2017. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-octa-t3575155

Last edited by elliottbl; Aug 13, 2017 at 06:08 AM.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 06:01 AM   #223
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Canadian FE #0176, 412awhp, 365awtq, 20g Turbo @26psi, Full ETS Bolt On, Stock Block w/ ARP Rod Bolts

Here's the link to the latest Custom Malaysk ROM, V4.0 7/28/2017. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...evice-t3598908
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 06:16 AM   #224
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Canadian FE #0176, 412awhp, 365awtq, 20g Turbo @26psi, Full ETS Bolt On, Stock Block w/ ARP Rod Bolts

Torque has a Autostart that i can't turn off, rooting the app is the solution to that. Seems to crash the Android before it gets a chance to reboot, happens quite often. I use the OBDlink SX USB version scanner so i went with the OBDlink APP with no current problems. Response for the SX is very quick for the ones that are curious. Worth the money for sure and no dealing with a password to link up to the Android.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 09:20 AM   #225
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Alameda, ca
Posts: 10,334
Thanked 142 Times in 125 Posts

Drives: a laptop connected to your ECU.

So I thought I had the headunit setup to power down but after I had my Evo sitting for a couple days, the battery is drained and I had to put a charger on the car.

I set it to power off after "5 minutes" which I believe is the next option after "30 seconds" in the unit.

Did I miss something?
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10.2 Quad Core Android Nav System. The_Austin_Deck Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security 0 May 30, 2017 12:55 PM
10.2 Android and Rearview Camera AJ18 Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security 4 Apr 7, 2017 05:03 PM
FS[SouthEast]: 10.2 Android Head Unit Radio 5.1.1 NinjaX For Sale - Interior / Exterior / Sound / Styling 8 Mar 14, 2017 06:21 PM
10.2 inch Android Car Stereo jayevo23 Evo X General 12 Jan 5, 2017 10:48 PM
HELP to connect oem reverse cam to android radio fas-n-furyus Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security 6 Sep 29, 2016 12:41 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: