10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A - Page 15 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Old Aug 2, 2017, 04:17 PM   #211
Evolving Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshonen8899 View Post
Hi guys, I had an issue where hot weather would cause the screen to flicker and occasionally freeze. I took off the top cover and zip tied two 80mm usb fans. I've been using it for about three months and it's been completely fixed.
Would you mind telling me what kind of fans these are? Or where to buy them?

Also, maybe a dumb question but do you have them blowing air onto the board or sucking air out?

Thanks!

Old Aug 4, 2017, 08:58 AM   #212
Evolved Member

Drives: 02 Mitsubishi lancer oz-t

Well I was finally able to get my radio to shutdown with the ignition instead of just going to sleep. If you download the newest updates dmcu.img and update.img and install them. You'll get a new setting under extra settings that allows you to choose how long the unit will stay in stand by before completely powering down.

The actual firmware update "update.img" is what gave the new option. The company that sold me the unit, sent me a link for the dmcu.img and said it would give me that feature. The one they linked wasn't even the latest update, but neither that or the latest update gave the new setting. You must install the actual firmware update.

Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:03 AM   #213

Drives: Canadian FE #0176, 412awhp, 365awtq, 20g Turbo @26psi, Full ETS Bolt On, Stock Block w/ ARP Rod Bolts

July 28, 2017, Firmware No. 4.0 (stable) with Google Services
Malaysk Custom ROM
XDA Developers is the source.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/mtcd-discussion-questions-development/rom-malaysk-roms-mtcd-device-t3598908

Last edited by elliottbl; Aug 5, 2017 at 12:11 AM.

Old Aug 9, 2017, 03:55 PM   #214
EvoM Guru

Drives: a laptop connected to your ECU.

Does anybody have this working with Racecapture Wifi? I cannot get the headunit to connect to the Wifi module, while my iPhone has no issues with it.

Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:55 AM   #215

Drives: 2015 Lancer Ralliart

I tried installing everything last night but cant seem to get the wiring right. It boots up correctly and can get the steering controls, bluetooth and sound to come out but the slider for sub in the amp app doesnt seem to do anything and the sound quality is much worse than the stock system. In the pictures you can see the harness and canbus I recieved, can any of you assist with which rcas need to go where? I still get sound whether I have any of the sound rca cables plugged in or not if that works, almost like its not actually using the stock amp. I have a 15 ralliart with the rf system.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-20170809_235955.jpg   10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-canbus.jpg   10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-20170809_234637.jpg   10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-20170809_235524.jpg  

Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:01 PM   #216

Drives: Evolution X - MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealbow View Post
I tried installing everything last night but cant seem to get the wiring right. It boots up correctly and can get the steering controls, bluetooth and sound to come out but the slider for sub in the amp app doesnt seem to do anything and the sound quality is much worse than the stock system. In the pictures you can see the harness and canbus I recieved, can any of you assist with which rcas need to go where? I still get sound whether I have any of the sound rca cables plugged in or not if that works, almost like its not actually using the stock amp. I have a 15 ralliart with the rf system.

Thanks
I just fitted this myself the other day. You don't need those RCA's if you're using stock sound. I just connected the Canbus to the supplied harness & connected the two connectors to the ones coming from the car's harness.

I did pick up a snag when fitting the reverse camera. If you are using the Canbus don't connect the "red trigger" cable from the supplied RCA cable to the orange cable from the headunit labeled "Back" or "reverse". Just connect the yellow RCA to the "camera in" jack. Connecting the "trigger cable" confuses the headunit because the Canbus also sends a signal to the headunit.
I had the problem where the headunit will show an "exclamation mark" after i put it back into Drive on the SST. I had to switch the car off & on again to get the headunit to resume. I pulled the unit out today & removed the trigger connection & its working like a hooker on the corner street

Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:13 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDMeaT View Post
I just fitted this myself the other day. You don't need those RCA's if you're using stock sound. I just connected the Canbus to the supplied harness & connected the two connectors to the ones coming from the car's harness.

I did pick up a snag when fitting the reverse camera. If you are using the Canbus don't connect the "red trigger" cable from the supplied RCA cable to the orange cable from the headunit labeled "Back" or "reverse". Just connect the yellow RCA to the "camera in" jack. Connecting the "trigger cable" confuses the headunit because the Canbus also sends a signal to the headunit.
I had the problem where the headunit will show an "exclamation mark" after i put it back into Drive on the SST. I had to switch the car off & on again to get the headunit to resume. I pulled the unit out today & removed the trigger connection & its working like a hooker on the corner street
Do you have the ability to adjust the subwoofer level with yours?

Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:23 PM   #218

Quote:
Do you have the ability to adjust the subwoofer level with yours?
Yes My sub woofer is working fine. Some guys have said that they had no sound from the subwoofer until they played with some volume/settings in the amplifier settings. I hope the seller didn't send you the wrong Canbus. That could be a possibility...but then you won't receive sound at all

Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:56 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDMeaT View Post
Yes My sub woofer is working fine. Some guys have said that they had no sound from the subwoofer until they played with some volume/settings in the amplifier settings. I hope the seller didn't send you the wrong Canbus. That could be a possibility...but then you won't receive sound at all
Possibly, it's weird though. My sub is making noise but it's so quiet you can't hear it. Kinda like it's turned all the way down.

Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:12 PM   #220

Quote:
Possibly, it's weird though. My sub is making noise but it's so quiet you can't hear it. Kinda like it's turned all the way down.
Strange indeed. Your sub slider in the amplifier settings isn't working either? Man that's rough. If i were you i'd just ask the seller if he can help if you don't get an answer in from the other guys here on the forum. I feel your pain though...Kinda sucks to not get that bass.

Old Aug 10, 2017, 07:41 PM   #221
EvoM Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Does anybody have this working with Racecapture Wifi? I cannot get the headunit to connect to the Wifi module, while my iPhone has no issues with it.

Well, I figured it out. I didn't have Wifi switched on in the Race Capture app. Oops

Now I have full logging and visual for all ECU data + external sensors like wideband, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, etc.

Also has lap timer with predictive timing, all logged into one file off the Race Capture unit and displayed on my Android head unit. I love technology...

Old Aug 13, 2017, 05:56 AM   #222

Drives: Canadian FE #0176, 412awhp, 365awtq, 20g Turbo @26psi, Full ETS Bolt On, Stock Block w/ ARP Rod Bolts

Here's the link to the latest MCU Update, V2.59 8/3/2017. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-octa-t3575155

Last edited by elliottbl; Aug 13, 2017 at 06:08 AM.

Old Aug 13, 2017, 06:01 AM   #223

Here's the link to the latest Custom Malaysk ROM, V4.0 7/28/2017. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...evice-t3598908

Old Aug 13, 2017, 06:16 AM   #224

Torque has a Autostart that i can't turn off, rooting the app is the solution to that. Seems to crash the Android before it gets a chance to reboot, happens quite often. I use the OBDlink SX USB version scanner so i went with the OBDlink APP with no current problems. Response for the SX is very quick for the ones that are curious. Worth the money for sure and no dealing with a password to link up to the Android.

Old Aug 13, 2017, 09:20 AM   #225
EvoM Guru

So I thought I had the headunit setup to power down but after I had my Evo sitting for a couple days, the battery is drained and I had to put a charger on the car.

I set it to power off after "5 minutes" which I believe is the next option after "30 seconds" in the unit.

Did I miss something?