Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Try the April MCU 2.44 and the Latest update, mine became stable afer the March update.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaX
Try the April MCU 2.44 and the Latest update, mine became stable afer the March update.
where I can down load that update?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/y64l27
2.44 MCU
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/jpnu9k
Update 3-24-2017

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
where I can down load that update?
The following users liked this post:
Robevo RS (Apr 19, 2017)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

I just added a 1TB Passport.

Originally Posted by EvoXSTL
You might be right on the microSD card. Yes, a passport will work fine. I have a 500gb HD connected. I want to find a better music app though than stock.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
any special steps or any instruction for the install ? This is for the Outlander canbus adapter?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atta boy.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
any special steps or any instruction for the install ? This is for the Outlander canbus adapter?
Read the first page of this thread, it explains it, but install the MCU first, then run the update for the OS. This works for both, but I have the Canbus adapter as well.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for posting this Ninja. I was under the impression that the only passport that worked was a seagate one because it was for both windows and mac and android. When i looked on the back of the box for the WD it said it was not compatible.

Old Apr 20, 2017, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah i try it on the 5.1.1 but did not worked so i try to 1tb and was good.

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Thanks for posting this Ninja. I was under the impression that the only passport that worked was a seagate one because it was for both windows and mac and android. When i looked on the back of the box for the WD it said it was not compatible.

Old Apr 24, 2017, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Just so everyone knows, It seems like a 1TB external hard drive doesn't work on the 5.1.1 version. But with the new 6.0 Version i just installed a WD 2TB External passport and it worked flawlessly.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

does anybody know where I can get matte screen protector to reduce the glossy on the unit?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I am wondering about is the reliability of these things. I want to change out my pioneer avh-4000nex, so damn pissed they advertised android auto compatibility and then turn around and changed their minds coming up with nonsense excuses. Some reliability experience would be helpful.

I have seen videos where the ac vents don't fit quite right and the vents themselves needing modification to fit. Is that still the case?

Our factory head units are 2 channels, not the 4 channels you assume a factory unit would have. Are these units four channels or do they fake the 4 channels?

How does all the surrounding plastic fit to the car? Aftermarket kits are crummy at fitment, all of them look terrible with the plastic warping. No one has ever shown how the fitment actually is.

Thanks guys.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wizzbangca
What I am wondering about is the reliability of these things. I want to change out my pioneer avh-4000nex, so damn pissed they advertised android auto compatibility and then turn around and changed their minds coming up with nonsense excuses. Some reliability experience would be helpful.

I have seen videos where the ac vents don't fit quite right and the vents themselves needing modification to fit. Is that still the case?

Our factory head units are 2 channels, not the 4 channels you assume a factory unit would have. Are these units four channels or do they fake the 4 channels?

How does all the surrounding plastic fit to the car? Aftermarket kits are crummy at fitment, all of them look terrible with the plastic warping. No one has ever shown how the fitment actually is.

Thanks guys.
I would take a photo of the fitment for you but it would be a waste of time. I say this because it is seriously like OEM fitment. The unit looks like it should of came with the car itself.

Yes, the vents are still an issue and it took me 30min to figure it out and i still did not after i broke 2 clips lol. But in the end i secured it pretty good.

Idk about the channel thing but i had a aftermarket amp and jl audio sub connected to the stock harness. I literally just plugged the harness into the system and it worked. Oh, i also extended the ground wire and grounded it to a bolt inside the dash.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2014 with Rockford fosgate and I just installed the 6.0 head unit.it did take me a while to figure everything out but once I did it works great. It's definitely louder then the oem head unit I did have an issue with Bluetooth and the torque app. A friend of mine with the same head unit told me that if I have the pandora app installed in the unit it might interfere with the Bluetooth functionality so I uninstalled the app the did a reboot and everything works fine

Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Is their a how to for install the rear camera? It only seems hard finding out where to run the wires and mounting it.

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A